Bull 2 Quick Questions from a new Bull owner

FOMCK

Hi there everyone,
Just got my new Bull last week, and love it. Just today with the app update to iOS 13.1 I finally got my new Bull connected over Wifi, woo hoo!

Two quick questions:
(1) I got the sear kit/grill grates, and I have used them for burgers, awesome What do you all do when you do not need the grill grates? Where/how do you store them?

(2) I have noticed on burgers, ribs, and some potato fries I have cooked that the back left portion of my grill seems to have a "hot spot" in it. Anything that is back in that corner has suffered some char. Any recommendations on what to do about this?

Thanks!

@FOMCK first welcome to RecTecForum, glad to have you here with us!

As for your questions, I leave my sear grates in the grill. That leaves me the left half to smoke and the other half the sear grates so they can get nice and warm before I crank it up when/if I need them.

I only remove them if I'm smoking something big like a brisket, then simply put them on the bottom rack under the Rec Tec RT-700 (Bull).

As for the hot spot, I've not experienced this myself. How much of the back left corner are we talking about here? Are you sure the drip and heat shield are in place correctly?

@FOMCK first welcome to RecTecForum, glad to have you here with us!

As for your questions, I leave my sear grates in the grill. That leaves me the left half to smoke and the other half the sear grates so they can get nice and warm before I crank it up when/if I need them.

I only remove them if I'm smoking something big like a brisket, then simply put them on the bottom rack under the Rec Tec RT-700 (Bull).

As for the hot spot, I've not experienced this myself. How much of the back left corner are we talking about here? Are you sure the drip and heat shield are in place correctly?
Thanks! Honestly, I'm not real sure on the how much of the back left corner? I would guess somewhere around 6-8" from the corner edge? I think the drip tray and heat shield are in properly, but will double check.

Also assuming I want some "usage seasoning" on the grill grates?

Thanks! Honestly, I'm not real sure on the how much of the back left corner? I would guess somewhere around 6-8" from the corner edge? I think the drip tray and heat shield are in properly, but will double check.

Also assuming I want some "usage seasoning" on the grill grates?
I always keep a small pan of water back there.. Needed ?? And sure works good..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back