Bull 375 pounds shipped????

CopperDoc

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My Bull is coming to me and according to UPS, it is 375 pounds.

I have to get this thing down a flight of stairs. I'm hoping once it's broken down this is a collection of much more manageable pieces right? The comp cart is obviously separate from the rest. I also ordered an enameled lid so that'll be separate.

How heavy is the main barrel?

Mine arrived today,had it shipped to work. Backed my truck up to the lift gate on the Semi, the driver lowered the lift and placed the pallet straight into the bed.

Opening the box at home 5 bags of pellets stacked on top of the Bull box along with the front folding shelf, searing kit and cover. The box for the Bull itself was strapped to the pallet.

Once all that was unloaded it was easy to get the Bull itself lowered to the ground by myself. Handtrucked it to my back patio after that.

I'd say a handtruck with straps it is doable to get the Bull box down a flight of stairs unopened. You could open the box, empty the parts from the barrel then use a handtruck from there. Would be very easy with 2 people to just carry it down as well

I ordered the enameled lid upgrade. My last grill was powder coated and the powder coat just didn't last very long. I ordered the enameled lid because I think it'll last forever.

I ordered the enameled lid upgrade. My last grill was powder coated and the powder coat just didn't last very long. I ordered the enameled lid because I think it'll last forever.

Yeah, if the powder coat is directly subjected to 400 or more degrees it will fail. 400 is the temp that the powder turns to liquid when applied.

Yeah, if the powder coat is directly subjected to 400 or more degrees it will fail. 400 is the temp that the powder turns to liquid when applied.
Wow....I dont understand something....if the lid to the Bull is powder coated from factory standard. How do you crank the grill the temp up to 500 which it is rated for and not have a problem with the lid? Why wouldnt they just ship with enamel lids to begin with? Am I missing something?

It may be that there is a high temp powder coat material available in the market place that I'm unaware of. My knowledge extends from what I've learned in the automotive world and the few powder coat shops I've used over the past 30 or so years. I do know that some guys have tried to use powder coat to spiff up exhaust components (yep, way more than 500) and have had failures. If there is such a thing as "hi temp" powder coat, it wouldn't surprise me if it only extended a couple or few hundred degrees beyond standard powder coat, which is why the ceramic/porcelain option exists.

EDIT: okay, the wonders of the internet, and learning something new everyday. Apparently there are hi temp powder coat products that claim service to 1100 degrees f. Those that tout them say the process is specialized so might not be easily or readily done, but it's out there.

Last edited:
It may be that there is a high temp powder coat material available in the market place that I'm unaware of. My knowledge extends from what I've learned in the automotive world and the few powder coat shops I've used over the past 30 or so years. I do know that some guys have tried to use powder coat to spiff up exhaust components (yep, way more than 500) and have had failures. If there is such a thing as "hi temp" powder coat, it wouldn't surprise me if it only extended a couple or few hundred degrees beyond standard powder coat, which is why the ceramic/porcelain option exists.

EDIT: okay, the wonders of the internet, and learning something new everyday. Apparently there are hi temp powder coat products that claim service to 1100 degrees f. Those that tout them say the process is specialized so might not be easily or readily done, but it's out there.
Wow thats good to know. Thank you @Uncle Bob . Have there been any reported issues with the lids on the Bull as far as powder coating?

Just for a FYI....

After thinking that maybe I should investigate the lid option for a 700 so I emailed Rec Tec to get their thoughts and reasoning for upgrading a new grill to the porcelain lid and cap. This is the response I received. (got to admit the response came pretty fast today.)

My email to them:

Hello,
I am looking into purchasing your model 700 Bull. I was looking thru the accessories and saw you have a LID & SMOKE STACK CAP UPGRADE for the Bull and was wondering what the necessity for this would be. Does this make for better performance?

Thank you

Their Response:

All of that comes standard. That is for people who have grills over 2 years old or older.

Thank you,

The REC TEC Grills Support Team

If you have additional questions give us a call at (706) 922-0890
Monday-Thursday 9am-8pm (EST)
Friday 9am-7pm (EST)
Saturday 9am-3pm (EST)

[email protected]

REC TEC Grills
2004 Westside Drive
Augusta GA 30907
706-922-0890

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back