4 Swivel Casters (4") for Larger Smokers

KSM

I recently purchased a RT1100 Flagship and joined the forum. In several postings I saw that people stating that they wished they had all 4 swivel casters with breaks on the larger 700 and 1100 smokers (and maybe other models as well) as moving these larger, heavier grills can be a bit of challenge in tight quarters when you only have 2 swivel and 2 fixed casters. I called Recteq but they did not have any matching swivel casters to sell as the Flagship 1100 is a new model and spare parts are still not plentiful. I went to Harbor freight and looked at other big box stores to find a matching set with breaks but didn't see anything I liked. I found a set that is almost identical to what comes on the Recteq (4” with breaks) but with 2 minor differences. These casters are about 0.2” taller as they have a thicker rubber/poly wheel section which in my opinion even better and instead of gray hubs they have white hubs. The are about $27 for a set of 4 from Amazon. I'm almost sure they are the same company that makes them for Recteq (looking at every aspect of the design). They appear to be very well made and roll the grill around with ease as if on ice and bolt pattern is an exact match.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NM3VMLS/

IMG_8684.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

IMG_8687.jpeg

Last edited:
Very creative. I wonder if they will make a Competition Cart for that model. I put a lot of miles on my RT700 and it wouldn’t be possible without the C-Cart.

If Im not mistaking the 1100 is the exact same dimensions as the 700 except that the 1100 has the additional top row shelf. I think the body is the same though so the cart should fit. Having said that I would first check with Recteq before I placed an order. If its not the same Im sure they will offer one soon. Supposedly they are also working on rolling out a retrofit front shelf solution sometime this first quarter as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back