Stampede 4 weeks with no grill

bunit702

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi RecTec Community,

First want to say I love my RecTec and have had some amazing cooks. I am reaching out today because I am 4 weeks without a working grill and while support has been trying to help, I want to see if anyone else had these issues:

1. Grill would not heat up to 500 when on FULL (stopped around 420 and then got cooler)
2. Probe A on the controller was going crazy (see video -
)

I contacted support, and here is where we are at:
1. Moved RTD away from wall, same issue.
2. Installed smaller RTD (thinking factory one was too tall). It would then get to about 460 degrees, but same issue (and took forever).
3. They asked me to push RTD away from wall.
4. Now it starts heating up, will get to about 120, then immediately show 32 degrees and throw Er RTD
5. Installed a new controller, same issue, gets to 120 then immediately shows 32 degrees and throws Er RTD

I am wondering now if I should have gotten the Bull or something else. I love my RecTec but the path to resolution takes a long time. Any suggestions or has anyone here been through this?

TL;DR: Original issue was not getting above 500 degrees, and meat probes all over the place on reading (see video). Installed new probe and controller, and now getting Er TRD.

Wish I knew what to tell you. I'm just learning the ropes with this. I wish you luck. Keep us posted, never know when one of us may have a similar issue.

Sorry to hear about your issues and truly feel for you. We expect a high dollar item to work as advertised and while most of the time they do every once in a while one slips through the crack, like most any mass produced item(s).

I encourage you to hang in there. RT will make it right. Your already getting WAY WAY better customer service(CS) then you would say Treg. I wont go off on what I feel about Tregs CS, that's for another thread.

I had some issues as well when mine first showed up but they made 100% sure I was taken care of...

Hi RecTec Community,

First want to say I love my RecTec and have had some amazing cooks. I am reaching out today because I am 4 weeks without a working grill and while support has been trying to help, I want to see if anyone else had these issues:

1. Grill would not heat up to 500 when on FULL (stopped around 420 and then got cooler)
2. Probe A on the controller was going crazy (see video -
)

I contacted support, and here is where we are at:
1. Moved RTD away from wall, same issue.
2. Installed smaller RTD (thinking factory one was too tall). It would then get to about 460 degrees, but same issue (and took forever).
3. They asked me to push RTD away from wall.
4. Now it starts heating up, will get to about 120, then immediately show 32 degrees and throw Er RTD
5. Installed a new controller, same issue, gets to 120 then immediately shows 32 degrees and throws Er RTD

I am wondering now if I should have gotten the Bull or something else. I love my RecTec but the path to resolution takes a long time. Any suggestions or has anyone here been through this?

TL;DR: Original issue was not getting above 500 degrees, and meat probes all over the place on reading (see video). Installed new probe and controller, and now getting Er TRD.
Replacing a part does not guarantee the new part is good. Just a SWAG but I wonder if the wiring harness has good connections. Reading that don’t make sense often come from intermittent loose connections. Take it from an ole field engineer with 40 years dealing with things like you have. Weak points in electronics are first physical connections, active parts like relays and power parts. Hope this helps.

I appreciate you saying that, this is an awesome community and can't wait to get back to cooking.

On a side note, thank you for your service.. we all appreciate you.
Most welcome and thank you for the support..

Please keep us posted on how this all turns out and well keep brainstorming on how to get you back up and running. God bless

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back