Stampede 590 and Bullseye new model

Hike2mts

I have been looking at the 590 and saw the video on the new Bullseye, I gas grill quite often but smoke ribs, brisket etc only 2 times a month. Can the Bullseye smoke meat good enough or is 590 required? Don’t cook for large crowds. Can the 590 grill burgers and steak fairly quick? The WiFi on 590 is nice but seems to have some bugs as most technology does nowadays, so not a deal breaker. I have to replace gas grill so options are open.

I found the 590 requires more time to cook vs charcoal. IMO It takes longer to get to cooking temperature and longer to cook once you get there. I prefer to grill on the Weber for that flame broiled taste and smoke with the RT590. Not sure why some are having WIFI issues because I have not encountered them.

The 590 is not the best for quick grilling, but it's better than most pellet grills. In nice weather it can get up over 400 degrees in about 20 minutes. 30-45 minutes in colder temps above freezing. It struggles to get to high temps below that. The new Weber Smokefires look to have near-gas performance but unfortunately don't use stainless steel components.

Where the 590 really shines is not in quick steaks, but reverse-seared. Smoke them at 180-225 until they get up to about 115, pull them off, crank the heat up to around 500 with grill grates, then throw them back on for searing. Best steaks I've ever cooked.

I've started using Lumberjack Char Hickory, it's not like charcoal but it does put a bit of that charcoal flavor into stuff.

My WiFi alerts have never worked, but monitoring and control do.

Thanks for the info, I’m hoping they get the bullseye in soon. I really would like to see what changes it has.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back