Stampede 590 Rain guards

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All Yesterday I was doing a cook on the 590 when the rains came. Some rain/water did get into the 590 looking for the rain guards on the RT site couldn't find them?
Thanks Dan
PS I'm not too happy about the water getting into the 590.Seams like RT did everything right on 590 but except that part.

Hi All Yesterday I was doing a cook on the 590 when the rains came. Some rain/water did get into the 590 looking for the rain guards on the RT site couldn't find them?
Thanks Dan
PS I'm not too happy about the water getting into the 590.Seams like RT did everything right on 590 but except that part.
I don't care for the exhaust vent design on the RT590, they also use it on the RT340 this I can see as it makes it more convenient to transport it. I feel the rain guards should come standard with these grills.
At this time there on backorder.

Hi I agree with you 110% with the rain guards being standard. They did every thing right with this grill except that.(n):cry:. So they are out of stock, is that why I can't find them on the RT site?
Thanks Dan
PS The WiFi is GREAT!!

Hi I agree with you 110% with the rain guards being standard. They did every thing right with this grill except that.(n):cry:. So they are out of stock, is that why I can't find them on the RT site?
Thanks Dan
PS The WiFi is GREAT!!
Some items they take off the site others they mark out of stock, very confusing. Probably best to call or email RecTec and see if they have any or when they expect them back in stock.

Hi Do u remember what price they were? I would also like to try their pork rub. Have u tried any of their rubs?
Thanks Dan

There kind of hokey how they attach many use high temp RTV silicone sealer to hold and seal them on a little better.
1592839117251.png

Dan this is what you need
I've seen the smoke stack contraption on FB and it looks pretty cool. The person who did the design is Wesley Gegg, he's in most of the RecTec forums on FB and I believe he still sells them "made to order".

1592846048633.png

Dan this is what you need
I've seen the smoke stack contraption on FB and it looks pretty cool. The person who did the design is Wesley Gegg, he's in most of the RecTec forums on FB and I believe he still sells them "made to order".

View attachment 5025
Hi And why do say I need the stack..Does the cover still fit with the stack?
Thanks Dan

Hi And why do say I need the stack..Does the cover still fit with the stack?
Thanks Dan
Dan I know nothing about them except what is out there on the web and they are another option to keep the rain out that's out there and looks pretty Kool while doing it.

Last edited:
The slots and rain guards are one of the reasons I decided against the 590. Just did not like the look and possible functional issues. They should at least include the rain guards...

The slots and rain guards are one of the reasons I decided against the 590. Just did not like the look and possible functional issues. They should at least include the rain guards...
Same thoughts here too and accessories are plentiful for the 36 inch size of the 700 not so much for the size of the 590.
I was very close to ordering the 590 but last July RecTec had the RT700 bundled package that got the price so close to the 590 with similar accessories, I added the smokebox and haven't ever looked back.

I also have been waiting for the rain guards to purchase, but in the meantime, I had a piece of aluminum sheet metal laying around in the garage, and just cut a piece about 25'x6", and used that to cover over the vents while smoking on rainy days.
I just slip one side into the hinge area to hold it in place, and the other side simply acts as a roof over the vents....simple and didn't cost me a thing.

I emailed rectec about the vents yesterday. Beginning of next week they should be back in stock. They also have a new removable rack that is tickling my fancy that I may add...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back