Stampede 590 Rain guards

It seems like once i bought mine they went out of stock in a day. I cant believe there still out, its been since April!

I have my 590 under a permanent cover I built many years ago to use as a carport. Rain no problem. WiFi facilitates this better.
Could a single piece of material with two bends not be used to cover all outlets at once?
Has anyone successfully closed off the outlets and added a stack to one end of the unit?

If anyone is interested, it looks like the Rec Tec website has the All-Weather Smoke Vents available under accessories for the RT-590 today. Not sure how long they'll stay in stock. (by the way, quick intro: brand new to the forum, just purchased my first pellet grill, Stampede 590. Shipped the other day and waiting for it to arrive, hopefully any day now)

I Have a tent I put up when rain is in the forecast
Dan
That’s so sad you have to do that. That’s just poor design to allow rain to flood your grill. What other grill does that???? Gas, charcoal, or electric? I would start being a squeaky wheel and demand they fix it. At least they should give you free rain guards and not make the customer pay for them. Uggg I would be so mad! I got the 700 a few weeks ago. Just been reading about your grill model doing that.

HI I agree with you 110%. Rec Tec did everything else really good, but that (n)
Dan
That’s so sad you have to do that. That’s just poor design to allow rain to flood your grill. What other grill does that???? Gas, charcoal, or electric? I would start being a squeaky wheel and demand they fix it. At least they should give you free rain guards and not make the customer pay for them. Uggg I would be so mad! I got the 700 a few weeks ago. Just been reading about your grill model doing that.

This was one of the many reasons I bought a Bull instead of the Stampede, I didn't care for the design of the exhaust ports on the Stampede.

I just purchased a set of the rainguards for my 590, and although I agree they should have been part of the design of the grill, they cost about $25, so more an inconvenience than a deal breaker in my opinion.

I emailed rectec about the vents yesterday. Beginning of next week they should be back in stock. They also have a new removable rack that is tickling my fancy that I may add...
They have them in stock now!! Just went there and picked up the three for my Stampede. They are honoring the 20% discount that was available for accessories when I bought the unit.

Hi All Yesterday I was doing a cook on the 590 when the rains came. Some rain/water did get into the 590 looking for the rain guards on the RT site couldn't find them?
Thanks Dan
PS I'm not too happy about the water getting into the 590.Seams like RT did everything right on 590 but except that part.
Used the kick plate off and old door, works great, all I did was round the corners to keep from damaging the cover.
39FD33AC-5519-4A66-BC19-BE50202E2201.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back