A Shot Across the Traeger Bow -- New 700 Rec-Teq Video

Just saw this pop up on my YouTube feed. It was filmed in the Rec-Teq kitchen downstairs @ RT-HQ.

I had a Traeger BBQ-075 for about 12 years or so. It did me good over the years. But the frame was starting to rust. I always kept it in the garage. If left outside, even covered, I don’t think it would have lasted as long as it did. I had bought some model of Traeger at Costco to replace it. This model was made specifically for Costco. It didn’t have a smoke stack/chimney. I had two fires in it within the first year. I called Costco and they said to bring it back. And I did. A year later and pretty rough from the two fires in the back right corner. (I think there was an issue with the grease not draining out of the cooking chamber.). Gotta love Costco…they take anything back if you’re not satisfied. But I digress.

In 2020, as the pandemic was starting, I drove over to Augusta (from Charleston) and looked at the RT-700 first hand. I could immediately tell the quality difference between my old Traeger and this unit. Suffice to say, I bought my “Bull” that day and had it shipped to my house. That’s been about 3-years now. I had looked at other pellet grills at Lowes, Home Depot, and a pool company and didn’t see anything I liked. Quality of those others just wasn’t what Recteq claimed to be. I do have to admit that it came down to the RT-700 and the Grilla Grills Silverbac. But that was all just online shopping. So when I got in my car and drove over to Augusta and saw the impressive Recteq facility/HQ and the quality of The Bull…my decision was made.

I’ve been real please with my RT-700…and cooking with it. I love the wi-fi feature…especially in the cold of winter and the heat/humidity of summer.

Bottom line is I haven’t seen any pellet grill of comparable size better than my Bull. I highly recommend them.

I had a Traeger BBQ-075 for about 12 years or so. It did me good over the years. But the frame was starting to rust. I always kept it in the garage. If left outside, even covered, I don’t think it would have lasted as long as it did. I had bought some model of Traeger at Costco to replace it. This model was made specifically for Costco. It didn’t have a smoke stack/chimney. I had two fires in it within the first year. I called Costco and they said to bring it back. And I did. A year later and pretty rough from the two fires in the back right corner. (I think there was an issue with the grease not draining out of the cooking chamber.). Gotta love Costco…they take anything back if you’re not satisfied. But I digress.

In 2020, as the pandemic was starting, I drove over to Augusta (from Charleston) and looked at the RT-700 first hand. I could immediately tell the quality difference between my old Traeger and this unit. Suffice to say, I bought my “Bull” that day and had it shipped to my house. That’s been about 3-years now. I had looked at other pellet grills at Lowes, Home Depot, and a pool company and didn’t see anything I liked. Quality of those others just wasn’t what Recteq claimed to be. I do have to admit that it came down to the RT-700 and the Grilla Grills Silverbac. But that was all just online shopping. So when I got in my car and drove over to Augusta and saw the impressive Recteq facility/HQ and the quality of The Bull…my decision was made.

I’ve been real please with my RT-700…and cooking with it. I love the wi-fi feature…especially in the cold of winter and the heat/humidity of summer.

Bottom line is I haven’t seen any pellet grill of comparable size better than my Bull. I highly recommend them.
I failed to mention that about 2 months ago, one of the swivel wheels wouldn’t turn properly. I took it off and discovered a bearing was missing. I think it had gotten stuck in one of the groves in my patio concrete (that helps keep the slab from cracking?). It was in at an angle and I yanked it forward…is what I think happened. Anyway, I got online at the recteq website and got into a chat window with a rep. Easy peezy…he shipped me out a replacement swivel wheel. 3-4 days later, I received 2 replacement wheels. And all is well. Good support.

My biggest complaint with my 700 is with the wheels. They are cheap and get flat spots in them in a matter of mins due to the weight they hold. RT has replaced them once but they did the same thing so I knew they weren't defective, just not the right rated capacity.

If there was one concern/gripe I have and like to see addressed - I wish the the height of the stand (either the basic or the comp cart) was about 6-8 inches taller, or able to be adjusted as such.

The wheels on the comp cart are great. They don't get hung in the expansion joints on my back patio.

If there was one concern/gripe I have and like to see addressed - I wish the the height of the stand (either the basic or the comp cart) was about 6-8 inches taller, or able to be adjusted as such.

The wheels on the comp cart are great. They don't get hung in the expansion joints on my back patio.
Comp cart on the bigger grills is a good investment, even when not moving it around a lot. I don’t regret buying the comp cart for my RT-700, even though I don’t move it often. Today I moved my Wyldside (standard wheels) and my comp cart RT-700. One grill moved flawlessly, the other, not so much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back