Another “when will it get here?” question ?

LincolnLog

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hey guys let me apologize because I know you’ve heard this one before. But I ordered my Stampede 12 days ago and as you can imagine I'm getting impatient! I know they say you’re not supposed to follow the ups tracking number because you will get a phone call for the final delivery. But I can’t help myself so I’ve been refreshing that thing every day trying to get an update. Well it finally arrived at a ups depot about 30 miles from me on Friday morning (2 days ago). I was hoping to get a call after that but nothing yet. I’ve seen people post on here that they’ve gone to pick up their grill themselves and I am more than willing to do that. My question is, how do you know who the carrier is that ups turns it over to? I’ve never seen anything listed for that. I’m guessing I will hear from them in the next couple of days, but man I’m so anxious!

Hey guys let me apologize because I know you’ve heard this one before. But I ordered my Stampede 12 days ago and as you can imagine I'm getting impatient! I know they say you’re not supposed to follow the ups tracking number because you will get a phone call for the final delivery. But I can’t help myself so I’ve been refreshing that thing every day trying to get an update. Well it finally arrived at a ups depot about 30 miles from me on Friday morning (2 days ago). I was hoping to get a call after that but nothing yet. I’ve seen people post on here that they’ve gone to pick up their grill themselves and I am more than willing to do that. My question is, how do you know who the carrier is that ups turns it over to? I’ve never seen anything listed for that. I’m guessing I will hear from them in the next couple of days, but man I’m so anxious!
Best thing would be is to call Rec Tec and have them figure out what's going on.

Last edited:
At least you didn't order it on a Friday at 5:03pm ET like my dumb ass. Is this thing ever going to ship??? it's been TWO. WHOLE. DAYS. lol

Welcome!

That's completely understandable. Truck freight is totally different than a regular small box from UPS or FedEx. The way they ship out after reaching the destination terminal is different too. That and throw in the fact sometimes the trailers are loaded the late night/early morning day of means that you probably won't see any movement until the next business day. Generally truck freight only operates during the regular business week as far as getting to it's final delivery destination.

Another option is to try calling the carrier directly yourself for answers, but that's hit or miss. Of course if you don't get anywhere that way you can always call RT to contact the shipper and they'll hammer out any situations that you've run into.

It's maddening I know, believe you me! But, it's well worth the wait! Good luck!

I hear you on that. Think I pulled the trigger a few days into the Black Friday sale. By that time there was a big line of orders ahead of me and mine didn't ship for a while.
Aww man! Well the good news is that first thing this AM they shipped mine, as I expected would be the case. Now I just have to grind the refresh button on the tracking info. Can't wait to get this bad boy put together and fired up.

Well I called ups today to see if I could pick up my grill at the depot. They said I can, but not until I get a call from the appointment technician which will come tomorrow morning by 9:30. That will be two full weeks ?. Is that normal? I know there are bigger problems going on in the world right now but I know you guys can relate to the anticipation of waiting for that shiny new grill to arrive. I feel like Ralphie waiting for that Red Ryder BB gun on Christmas morning!

Well I called ups today to see if I could pick up my grill at the depot. They said I can, but not until I get a call from the appointment technician which will come tomorrow morning by 9:30. That will be two full weeks ?. Is that normal? I know there are bigger problems going on in the world right now but I know you guys can relate to the anticipation of waiting for that shiny new grill to arrive. I feel like Ralphie waiting for that Red Ryder BB gun on Christmas morning!
The shipping of thing has been a mess lately with all the COVID-19 and now with the stupid riots going on. Having to wait for things to arrive sucks but it's not like this is a shipment that is a prescription to keep you alive, hang in there it will all pay off in the end.

When I ordered my Bull with the packages last July Rec Tec was crazy busy with the sales too. I talked to them before I ordered and they said shipping to a commercial business will get the items to you a lot quicker so I had it shipped to work and brought it home in the pickup.
20190711_134039.jpg

It kinda shows how spoiled we all were before COVID-19 with 1-2 day delivery on so many things. A few taps on the phone and stuff appears on my doorstep. It's easy to gloss over what goes into making that happen.
I totally agree, luckily I'm a very patient person, now for my older brother I'm not going to go there. :ROFLMAO:

From looking at the tracking info on the UPS site, I got the number of the trailer. I didn't think I'd be able to track it, and I was right about that. However, I did learn that trailers can go on trains, which is called intermodal transport. I thought that was pretty cool.
Norfolk-Southern-Harrisburg-Pa-12-19-2015-65-1.jpg

Well mine showed up yesterday so it ended up taking exactly two weeks. In retrospect that’s not bad considering it had to go coast to coast during a worlwide pandemic, plus protests and riots. I’ll consider myself lucky.

Man is this thing sleek! I love the design of it. My buddy has the bull and tells me I’m gonna regret not getting it, but I feel like the Stampede is the right fit for me. I was fine with the size of my Weber Genesis for the last 16 years and this one is bigger than that! ?
060CBF9F-580F-43A0-A7EA-1F856789B6AC.jpeg

Well mine showed up yesterday so it ended up taking exactly two weeks. In retrospect that’s not bad considering it had to go coast to coast during a worlwide pandemic, plus protests and riots. I’ll consider myself lucky.

Man is this thing sleek! I love the design of it. My buddy has the bull and tells me I’m gonna regret not getting it, but I feel like the Stampede is the right fit for me. I was fine with the size of my Weber Genesis for the last 16 years and this one is bigger than that! ?View attachment 4535
I'm glad it finally showed up, your going to love your new Stampede.

Last edited:
I ordered my RT 700 June 23rd, ups tracking showed it making it from Augusta to Atlanta with final destination being Washington state. It stayed in Atlanta until yesterday July 7th. Tracking only said that an incident had occurred that might delay delivery! Probably should had called RT sooner that today. I’m pretty confident that RT will figure out what happened. I wonder if you can trust the UPS tracking system

Keep in mind that it's freight - not the brown truck home delivery most of us are used to. Different logistics chain completely. It's moving via trucking companies and potentially getting moved from one trailer to another along the way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back