Bull Another 700 mod.... (Kinda)

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So you may or may not know about these... Look under grill grommets or traeger grommet, probe grommet etc... You get 2 for 11.99-18.99$ and you'll need a step-bit that goes to 1-1/4". If you don't have one it will cost you another 8$ on Amazon. I wouldn't spend 60$ on a good one if you're only using it for this* (some may choose not to spend 15-28$ on a grommet hook up haha)...I just didn't like the loose swinging probe door setup so I did this.

https://www.amazon.com/Impresa-Products-Thermometer-Grommet-Grills/dp/B07BC4TYQ5/

IMG_20190805_192323.jpg

IMG_20190805_192541.jpg

IMG_20190805_194722.jpg

IMG_20190805_194902.jpg

Take your time enlarging the port hole to 1-1/4"... It will take awhile and use cutting oil if you can..Take the burrs off and then just carefully install the grommet. I have to fill the old rivet hole yet or put another rivet on, not sure yet, but for those not liking the door, here's an option. It can hold about 3 probes in the slit and 1 in the hole. (Yes @NU2SMOKE - that's what she said*)

Last edited:
Agreed. And also seemed to allow alot of unwanted heat and smoke out.
While I like the idea of the rubber seal as linked above. I can't say I've had any issues with the stock cover letting heat or smoke out regardless if I'm using the probes or not.

While I like the idea of the rubber seal as linked above. I can't say I've had any issues with the stock cover letting heat or smoke out regardless if I'm using the probes or not.
Mine was chard with smoke every use. That tells me it was escaping. I'm not saying it was a massive loss, but a loss none the less. Saves me on cleanup then also. Maybe your door was tighter than mine?

Mine was chard with smoke every use. That tells me it was escaping. I'm not saying it was a massive loss, but a loss none the less. Saves me on cleanup then also. Maybe your door was tighter than mine?
I'd say probably so. I need to adjust mine actually as mine came pretty tight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back