Bull Another one of the Just Ordered a BULL thread questions....

Biohazrdman

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
After much research came to the conclusion the Bull was the best bang for the buck for my first pellet smoker. Ordered the smoke box also. Ordered yesterday. Can't hardly wait. I have smoked with a vertical propane smoker for years but needed a upgrade.

Anyways, I have searched but no answers. Ordering the high temp lid seal, LavaLock XTR. What width is best?? I see it comes in 1/2in, 5/8in, and 7/8in. Also will be ordering the high temp gasket seal sheet to seal between the smoke box and also the smoke stack. So no worries there. Thanks!!!

After much research came to the conclusion the Bull was the best bang for the buck for my first pellet smoker. Ordered the smoke box also. Ordered yesterday. Can't hardly wait. I have smoked with a vertical propane smoker for years but needed a upgrade.

Anyways, I have searched but no answers. Ordering the high temp lid seal, LavaLock XTR. What width is best?? I see it comes in 1/2in, 5/8in, and 7/8in. Also will be ordering the high temp gasket seal sheet to seal between the smoke box and also the smoke stack. So no worries there. Thanks!!!
I did mine in the 1/2" lavalock. Some have suggested using wider but I found the 1/2 did the job and was least expensive route for me. I used Copper exhaust RTV for the chimney.

agree 👆 1/2 in for me was perfect. Just run it exactly around the lid up to the edge and it will be fine.

I just ordered my Bull RT700 and it should be here next Monday 5/3. Just a question I have is that I also ordered the Lavarock XTR and will be installing it on the Bull before my first cook. Do you put the material around the door or around the body of the unit?

I went with fireblack same company
But it’s going to turn black so I like the cleaner look.
I used the 7/8” wide 1/8” on the left and right
And 7/8” wide 1/4” top and bottom
I have 0 smoke leak
The wide is nice, it give a little room for errors.

Fireblack 220
Fireblack 125

I just ordered my Bull RT700 and it should be here next Monday 5/3. Just a question I have is that I also ordered the Lavarock XTR and will be installing it on the Bull before my first cook. Do you put the material around the door or around the body of the unit?

I put mine on the lid.. really your choice. The lid gives you a good guide where to install and not see it exposed when closed and seal fine in my opinion.

Lid works quite well. It is very easy to apply.

Sorry guys. But after two years owning my 700 I have never felt the need to seal up anything. It cooks like a dream every time just as it was delivered. Sure I need to do a little clean up every spring but that’s about ten minutes of work. Fire up and let it cook.

My Bull is in town! I was hoping I could go pick it up from shipping company today but closed on Sat. Will either set delivery up for Monday or go pick it up Monday after work.... I am a wreck. Worse then a kid on Christmas!

My Bull is in town! I was hoping I could go pick it up from shipping company today but closed on Sat. Will either set delivery up for Monday or go pick it up Monday after work.... I am a wreck. Worse then a kid on Christmas!
Beer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back