App Alerts Not Working

pbison

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Just an FYI, the alerts on the Android app have not worked since I bought my grill. I called them today and they said that was a problem on their end that they are working on a fix for.

Mine was working but when I upgraded to Android 10 it stopped working. Good to know it is a known issue and they are working on it.

My alarms/alerts have not worked on my iPhone since I got my bull two weeks ago. I called in and was told to delete the app and reinstall, but when I cooked a Tri tip last night, I never got an alert.

Just an update to this...

I've been in contact with Zach at RecTec, and he confirmed that there is an issue between some registered email accounts and the push notifications in the app. They are working on it and are looking to have something out very soon. He said that if you delete your grill from the app, logout and then create a new account (with different email address), then re-setup your grill, it should work. But if you don't want to go through the hassle, then in the next week or so the issue should be fixed.

Just a random post, Android had the App working perfectly tonight. And it's been awhile since that happened.

I’m smoking beef ribs for the first time today so it was a good chance to test the alarms. None of the alarms worked. I have an apple phone, not sure if this may be a compatibility issue or not. I’ll contact Rec Tec next week to let them know. The temperature tracking is fine. (I received my Stampede the week before Thanksgiving and this is my first issue)

Maybe if more and more people keep calling CS about the app issues, they will finally make it a priority and find the right people to get it working.

Mine have never worked. I got my grill mid November and there has been an app update since then.

Only thing I dislike about the grill. App alarm does not work. Had some communication with support, but they never called back or have fixed the problem.

Only thing I dislike about the grill. App alarm does not work. Had some communication with support, but they never called back or have fixed the problem.
The good news is that is sounds like RecTec is working on bringing app development in house. So hopefully we can see some of these issues resolved in the near future.

Coming off of 10 years with a WSM cooker, I’m still relishing the idea that my Stampede’s temperature control and WiFi connectivity allowed me to enjoy an entire movie with the family, non-stop, without running outside routinely to check temps and adjust vents. Admittedly, though, I probably stared at the Rec Tec app just as much as the movie. Until I get used to the idea of letting the Stampede do all the work, I probably won’t miss the alerts too much, but once I adapt to the technology and stop staring at the app every two minutes, fully functioning alerts will be a nice addition!

Still not working for me on Iphone. I was thinking of upgrading to a 700 but I have put that off because of the length of time it is taking for something this simple to be resolved. I mean it's been 3 months.

Still not working for me on Iphone. I was thinking of upgrading to a 700 but I have put that off because of the length of time it is taking for something this simple to be resolved. I mean it's been 3 months.
I read these complaints about non working app, but I've only experienced one personally. Now, I don't use the RT every week so there is a chance for me to be between fixes, but for the most part it hasn't played out that way. The only reason I say this is I don't think it's fair to characterize this as a "problem" that has been constant for 3 months without resolution or attention. There was a situation when IOS went into the 13 era update around the same time the app was updated and it caught RT behind the curve because they didn't know about the newest IOS just released on top of them. It took them about a week to fix that. That's the only "long" repair cycle I've experienced. Otherwise my alerts and connection work fine. I don't doubt some folks are having issues, but given the lack of widespread repeatability (I know, if it's happening to you it's a 100% deal) among the entire body of users there may be local/individual issues not entirely under the control of RT. Overly negative statements aren't helpful in the long run.

My app and alerts work fine also, on iOS 13. I get an annoying message about connecting sometimes, but it is harmless and goes away as soon as I tap on the screen. I know this has to be frustrating for Rec Tec and for the users affected, but overall the app works perfectly for me.

Just to be clear mine has not been working for 3 months. I have called CS twice and told there would be a fix soon. 3 straight months is about as constant as you can get. I use my grill at least twice a week. This is a an issue for me. It led me to go online and buy a stand alone wireless probe for my grill that has 2 built in that are practically useless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back