App Issue Poll Pre-questions

Bob when I had my fire and called them I told them that when the temp started rising quickly the alarm didn't go off all that I got in return was that it was a "known issue". No questions at all.

It seems that the Apple app is working better than the Android app which is really no surprise. Apple has far less variety in OSs and hardware and a firmer grasp on apps and or software developed for their devices.

Androids are all over the place with hardware and operating systems.

My alarm goes off if it exceeds the +/-10* range whether higher or lower. So if I open up the grill and it drops from 225-180, alarms start going off. It also starts going off as soon as I turn on the grill, and have to turn the alarm off until it reaches set temp then turn it back on. This would be a nice feature most other grill monitors have.
What type phone

Bob when I had my fire and called them I told them that when the temp started rising quickly the alarm didn't go off all that I got in return was that it was a "known issue". No questions at all.
Yeah, I’ve never complained here without complaining to RecTec first, and over multiple calls and messages to them since I got my Bull this summer, not once did anyone ask me questions about my phone or hardware. Always the same old line about “known issue” and “we are working on it” and “should be any time now, but our developer is on the other side of the country... yada yada”.

I could very well be wrong, but looking at the screenshots in the Google Play Store could give someone the feeling the app developer isn't based in the US.

Just to clarify, I did not intend to imply that I was asking a trick question; I was truly confused and was seeking a definitive answer.
I think it is a trick question because so many of us can’t get the alarms to work at all ?.

Only 18 contributors so far.

I've yet to participate in the poll; I typically rely on Fireboard and/or Meater for temps and alarms but experimented briefly yesterday with the app's grill alarm. I'm inclined to say my alarms don't work but I also triggered a temperature change from my phone and it didn't seem to take. But I'm on vacation and was enjoying a few adult beverages, so I want to experiment with this again before answering the poll :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Kim
I think it is a trick question because so many of us can’t get the alarms to work at all ?.
Its basically I don't care I sold u a grill knowing that there is a problem with the alarms not working, only thing I see is they care about selling there merchandise. Need to fire their IT people

Last edited:
I'm going to call BS on that, just from my personal dealings with their Customer service. I think there's alot we don't know about the app situation.

Its basically I don't care I sold u a grill knowing that there was a problem with the alarms not working, only thing I see is they care about selling there merchandise.

I see them responding well to known issues and most problems with equipment. I see them floundering when something out of the ordinary comes up.

I see a company that is somewhere in between small and medium that is kind of lost.

I can't browse their website with Firefox. I tried with two different browsers to order a gift for someone from their website. They have tech issues and growth problems I think. IMO

I'm completing the poll now that I've confirmed alarms are not functioning on my Android app.

And a wish list item, lol: when viewing the temperature chart it would be my personal preference that the line graph automatically scroll to the current point in time. But, honestly, at this point in time I usually rely on the Fireboard and/or Meater for monitoring activity.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back