Bull App temp alarm

mr47930

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hi all! My first smoke with the Bull is going great, holding temp perfectly for 6 hours now. Just had a question about the temp alarm on the RecTec app. I set an alarm for 165° so I could go out and wrap but I never got any notification or anything and when I checked the probe temp was 170°.

I read through another post that had the same problem a few months back but it didn't really say if there was a fix. Anyone else have this issue?

The App has several issues for some and none for others. RecTec says they are working on a fix, but it has taken longer than expected. Please call their Customer service if for nothing else than to add to users concerns about it getting fixed.

The App has several issues for some and none for others. RecTec says they are working on a fix, but it has taken longer than expected. Please call their Customer service if for nothing else than to add to users concerns about it getting fixed.
That’s a shame. I just set another alarm thinking maybe I had to keep the app open in the background at least but same thing happened, which was absolutely nothing.

Well I tried it a 3rd time while actually staring at the probe temp of the app. Went right past the set temp of my “alarm” without making a sound/buzz or any kind of notification. Grill performed flawlessly but this is somewhat disappointing.

Did you allow notifications to your device from the app?... Sometimes it's simple user error ,just saying.

Poor mans burnt ends came out phenomenal. Beautiful smoke ring and the fat rendered into butter.

E612B10E-F2F9-4875-9B55-C2A0D3DBB2D6.jpeg

Have had my bull for 1 week now, with no alarms as well. Went through all suggested trouble shooting, allow notifications, keep app open....etc, still nothing. Just hoping they eventually get it worked out as it was a feature I was looking forward to as well (do a lot of overnight cooking). Having said that, it does not break my heart one bit. I love this smoker. I think my wife is already a little jealous! LOL

Have had my bull for 1 week now, with no alarms as well. Went through all suggested trouble shooting, allow notifications, keep app open....etc, still nothing. Just hoping they eventually get it worked out as it was a feature I was looking forward to as well (do a lot of overnight cooking). Having said that, it does not break my heart one bit. I love this smoker. I think my wife is already a little jealous! LOL
Yea I definitely love the smoker but it’s a shame that they advertise all the features of the app and they don’t work. The alarms for grill temp could be crucial for overnight cooks if something were to happen and the flame went out!

The reason people buy pellet grills is for the convenience of automated control. With the app alarms not working, I could have spent half the money I did to have the same situation. It's a major problem that this issue dates back to late 2019 as far as I can tell in the short amount of time I've looked up this problem..

Having said that, it does not break my heart one bit. I love this smoker. I think my wife is already a little jealous! LOL
I'm with you on this one......I'm late to the wifi connected gadget game, it's not a real deal breaker to me. I didn't buy mine based on it's wifi capabilities but I must admit it's pretty handy.
The reason people buy pellet grills is for the convenience of automated control. With the app alarms not working, I could have spent half the money I did to have the same situation. It's a major problem that this issue dates back to late 2019 as far as I can tell in the short amount of time I've looked up this problem..
I can also sympathize with the other posts about the app having issues for quite a while. If Rec Tec is selling grills with certain advertised features they definitely should work. I'm no expert but it seems like a young IT professional should be able to fix these app problems relatively quickly for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back