App temperature alarm.

Bigdaddy680

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
I don't seem to get an alert for my temperature alarm , anybody have any input?

I'm in the beta app and recently experienced the same thing. It used to work, but did not on the last smoke.

You are correct. It is not working. RECTEC has a beta software out that users are testing and providing feedback on what works, does not work or would like to see implemented.

This has been going on for several weeks. I do not know what, or when changes will be made or when a new update to the app will be available.

I was going to ask about this as well. My "Alarm" only works if I am actually looking at the app, and there's no feature to select what alarm sound I want. Mine is a very short vibrate/buzz, and that's it. I think it should be updated to sound an audible alarm similar to the one on your phone, and continue until you physically turn it off. Only having it work when you are actually looking at the app, seems pointless. If I'm doing a long overnight smoke, the "Alarm" isn't going to do anything, in it's current configuration.

I have the same issue as giffordt. The alarm is only a buzz and only when in the app is already showing temperatures.

I am also on the beta version and didn't notice any improvements since the last update on the 25th. I will try it tonight and see if the alarm works. I have also noticed that my temp does not always refresh on the app like it once did.

O talked to them again yesterday, and a big problem with the fix is that, the alarms work for some and not for others. Regardless of Android or Apple.... Believe me , I hope they get it done soon as well, and mine usually work perfectly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back