Stampede Bacon wrapped pork loin on Rectec 590 With smoke daddy upgrade

Mark Ryan

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Thought Id give this a try, Still using the smoke daddy on every cook with an erray of different temps and have had 100 percent sucess with it. Rec Tec 590

Attachments

• 20200426_124904.jpg
    20200426_124904.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20200426-124421_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200426-124421_Photos.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 129
Nice. I assume you mean the smoke daddy diffuser. What are you putting in it?

I've done some reading and I'm on the fence with this diffuser. Ive read where it throws the controller off because of the extra heat from the wood. Have you seen or have had any issues using it on a long cook?

I've done some reading and I'm on the fence with this diffuser. Ive read where it throws the controller off because of the extra heat from the wood. Have you seen or have had any issues using it on a long cook?
I can only speak for the 590... no issues, I dont overload it ...I wouldn't even use the giant post oak chunks that came with it. I just put in some modest size apple logs or pecan chunks (for example) it adds a lot of smoke flavor and works flawlessly. (I've done long low cooks, fast hot cooks)

I can only speak for the 590... no issues, I dont overload it ...I wouldn't even use the giant post oak chunks that came with it. I just put in some modest size apple logs or pecan chunks (for example) it adds a lot of smoke flavor and works flawlessly. (I've done long low cooks, fast hot cooks)
Good to know your thoughts Ryan, Thanks! I have a 590 also so your review is very welcomed, but i am looking towards the future which is why i'm curious. Do chunk size pieces fit or do you find your self splitting them in size to fit?

Good to know your thoughts Ryan, Thanks! I have a 590 also so your review is very welcomed, but i am looking towards the future which is why i'm curious. Do chunk size pieces fit or do you find your self splitting them in size to fit?
chunk size is ideal

How high do you set the temp initially to get them to light? Do you soak the logs or wrap in foil?

What was the temp/time for the cook pictured. Looks perfect! Also, I assume the smoke daddy diffuser will fit an RT-700 but wasn't sure if anyone has tried it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back