Bar Keepers Friend

Yep, Bar keepers is great on stainless. The powder is the best, but if you need extra strength use both liquid and powder. I have wetted the powder with the liquid and it is really good.

Yep, Bar keepers is great on stainless. The powder is the best, but if you need extra strength use both liquid and powder. I have wetted the powder with the liquid and it is really good.
Powder did wonders, and i'm glad i got ahead of it. Good to know about adding the liquid also for those stubborn areas.

Glad to read all the recommendations for Bar Keepers Friend, couldn't find the powder in a can at my store but picked up the soft cleanser version. Wanna keep my Bull looking good! :D

This stuff is like magic in a can....., did some pre-cleaning before my gasket arrives hopefully tomorrow. I feel like the grill is sitting alert right now! haha
Thats all, just some Chit Chat......
Never used, just ordered. I love magic. ??

Its awesome you'll love to keep your smokers sparkling...guess iam just a rare breed. I like the seasoning and well used look...hahah..

Now the cooking chamber itself gets a clean/wipe down after every cook...

Bar keepers is great on just about anything..love the stuff as well...

My wife's a big fan of it. LOL.

I stole some of hers and used it with a brown Scotchbrite (medium) pad and water to clean up what the Simple Green BBQ Cleaner left behind. If you are careful about keeping your scrubbing in line with the brushed finish of the stainless, any scratching of the stainless is all but undetectable. In fact, the factory used some type of soft abrasive wheel on the area along the top of the Bull drum where the door seats as well as the bottom area along the front, to remove the marks left from the pressbrake that forms the lip that's rolled in.

Yes the powder is almost like Comet, put some in a small container and add water to make a paste then use a scrub pad to clean the grill.
Just used it. I’m not usually impressed with a product but this is good stuff. The edge behind the lid looked so good, I did the rest of that piece. Then the handle and side and then the front and shelf. Didn’t realize how tan/brown the stainless had become. I’m afraid I’m going to be using this often. Easy and looks like new. Thanks for
the tip. ??

Just used it. I’m not usually impressed with a product but this is good stuff. The edge behind the lid looked so good, I did the rest of that piece. Then the handle and side and then the front and shelf. Didn’t realize how tan/brown the stainless had become. I’m afraid I’m going to be using this often. Easy and looks like new. Thanks for
the tip. ??
Clean grills are addicting especially when products like this make it easy.

After cleaning the grill with the Bar Keepers Friend I spray a rag with a commercial stainless steel cleaner and wipe the whole grill down including the black painted areas. Doing this seams to get the residual Bar Keepers Friend off the stainless steel and put a nice shine on the grill almost making it look like new.
Great
Idea. I gotta do less cleanin’ and more cookin’

Attachments

• FB5F80CC-3C7D-4AD8-B752-F28382616D27.jpeg
    FB5F80CC-3C7D-4AD8-B752-F28382616D27.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 79
Great
Idea. I gotta do less cleanin’ and more cookin’
Get her dirty have fun and then clean her up when you have the time. The biggest thing on these grills is to keep the fire pot clean, the bottom of the barrel you can let go for a long time before the ash needs to be cleaned out.

Get her dirty have fun and then clean her up when you have the time. The biggest thing on these grills is to keep the fire pot clean, the bottom of the barrel you can let go for a long time before the ash needs to be cleaned out.
I know that well. I had a small grease fire. Saw tons of smoke coming out of the grease port. Opened the lid and saw flames. Turned off and closed lid. Fire luckily went out. NOW I clean the bottom frequently. That was just a shot across the bow. ??

I know that well. I had a small grease fire. Saw tons of smoke coming out of the grease port. Opened the lid and saw flames. Turned off and closed lid. Fire luckily went out. NOW I clean the bottom frequently. That was just a shot across the bow. ??
Don't let your meat hang over the sides of the drip pan. Cooking surface is not the whole grills surface area.

Don't let your meat hang over the sides of the drip pan. Cooking surface is not the whole grills surface area.
I did a pork butt, didn’t hang over and 2 lbs of bacon, full hang! Lesson learned. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back