Best Pellet Brands | Quality & Pricing

KC_Jeff

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I'm burning through my last bag of Rec Tec Competition Blend that I got with my Stampede this summer, and I'm in the market for some alternative wood options that is reasonably priced and keeps top quality. I was looking into some other brands of pellets like Pitt Boss (saw at Walmart) and Smoking Brothers (picked up some Hickory at local grill store), which was a little expensive at $20 for 20 lb.

I do a lot of brisket, ribs, steaks, pork butt, and chicken 90% of the time. Any feedback for good pellets for the pricing would be appreciated. I heard Traeger got burned for injecting some oil in their pellets, so trying to avoid any of that nonsense with a clean burn.

Last edited:
Lumberjack is well thought of. I like their Hickory best. There is a Midwest chain called Runnings in my town that sells 40 pound bags for $15.

I agree that Lumberjack has been a good brand. I like the 100% one type over the blends myself.

Smokehouse brand has also performed well for some, available at
Sam's Club 40# around 15 bucks, blend of hickory and fruit woods, with what I believe is a tilt toward more hickory in the blend than the Cookin' Pellets blend. Keep in mind that the type of wood in the pellets can mess a little bit with the temperature outcomes (fan might cycle more or less if at all ). Most folks like more fruit wood smoke on "white" meats, hickory moreso on red meats. But tastes will vary...…….

@KC_Jeff I use either Lumberjack or the RecTec brand - in both cases I've been very happy with them and have had many great cooks with them.

I use lumberjack I have found that I get a better burn and more flavor with them . I like the hickory and pecan.

I'm burning through my last bag of Rec Tec Competition Blend that I got with my Stampede this summer, and I'm in the market for some alternative wood options that is reasonably priced and keeps top quality. I was looking into some other brands of pellets like Pitt Boss (saw at Walmart) and Smoking Brothers (picked up some Hickory at local grill store), which was a little expensive at $20 for 20 lb.

I do a lot of brisket, ribs, steaks, pork butt, and chicken 90% of the time. Any feedback for good pellets for the pricing would be appreciated. I heard Traeger got burned for injecting some oil in their pellets, so trying to avoid any of that nonsense with a clean burn.

i use lumberjack from atwoods

I strongly recommend you to buy Lumberjack, because it's quite cheap and best by using, I only use this and recently I sold out my old one and buy another one from Black Friday promo codes at reecoupons because here they are available in a low price. Plz dont buy another one. If you want for long term use then go with Lumberjack.

We recently got a pallet order together for Lumberjack pellets from bbqpelletsonline.com. They were right at $16 for 40 lb bags even with delivery charges. Very good pellets and very good service.

We recently got a pallet order together for Lumberjack pellets from bbqpelletsonline.com. They were right at $16 for 40 lb bags even with delivery charges. Very good pellets and very good service.

nice lead, thanks. Went to their site and got a kick out of their offer of "Duck fat in a can", spray or tub...…….……….interesting. Confit anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: Kim

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back