BFG Cover & Smokehouse

Ron

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
  2. Bull
I realize the BFG ships in May, but I see there have been reviews on Rec Tec’s site. Maybe these are employees who got the first batch?

Anyhow, I’m torn between the 700 and the BFG. Whichever I get, I will be attaching the smokehouse. One thing I found interesting is that Rec Tec is not selling a cover for the BFG and it does not appear the smokehouse is an option on the BFG. The place in my backyard will not be covered and I can’t see investing so much $$ without covering it. I also can’t see spending nearly $3k and covering it with a tarp.

Rec Tec.....will you be offering a cover? What is the ETA?

Also, the smokehouse does not show as an accessory for the BFG. Is this a typo or is it not an option?

@Ron probably your best bet for these early questions would be to contact Rec Tec.

I've not heard of any news yet from Rec Tec about their plans for cover or additional options for the BFG.

If you do contact Rec Tec, please be sure to post their reply here so the rest of us will know too.

Thanks!

yes the bfg has a cover and there are talks of the bfg getting the smokehouse as well they said they would keep us posted

i would go with bfg but the bull is nice too

I need a cover as well. Any recommendations on a generic one that will fit if RecTec doesn’t plan to make a custom one? I’ve had my BFG for a week and it already has a nasty layer of dust on it. A tarp doesn’t seem fitting for such a fine piece of equipment...

I picked up my BFG 2 weeks ago and was told the order has been completed they are waiting on shipment. Might be coming from China as long as it’s taking to come in.

@Stile 88 do you heard of any news as to when the BFG cover might become available for purchase?

rectec told me end of august September now it could be sooner just like they said may they were shipping out the bfg and went earlier

i cant wait that long so i ordered a custom cover and that will be here within 2 weeks or so

Hoping they come out with one soon, improvised this weekend... May just cut a slit in it and call it a day.

20190616_174259.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back