BFG HELP?

joey gilliland

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
  2. Matador
  3. WyldSide
I have a couple of REC-TEC Grills and I have loved them!! I am having trouble with the BFG. I have no smoke. I do not have any idea what is up. My chicken taste like it was done in an oven. What is wrong? The rep said to place pellets on the cover of the burn pot. I don't want to do that every time. Is it common with this grill?

Looking forward to the answer from people that have the BFG. Could it be the size of the grill requires more heat from the pellets so they burn faster? Maybe change the feed rate?

I use the amazn tube on my bull wen cooking above 250 and it seems to give the right amount of smoke flaor

I have a couple of REC-TEC Grills and I have loved them!! I am having trouble with the BFG. I have no smoke. I do not have any idea what is up. My chicken taste like it was done in an oven. What is wrong? The rep said to place pellets on the cover of the burn pot. I don't want to do that every time. Is it common with this grill?
What temp are you cooking at?

my bfg gets plenty of smoke however i have a kk which is a charcoal grill i dont expect a pellet to produce the smoke of my kk that being said the bfg is a big pit but the smoke i get out of my bfg is the thin blue smoke u want sometimes i cant see it as temps go up but the flavor of the food is fantastic

i had the same issue with my first cook, which happened to be chicken thighs. no smoke flavor...
i'm using a smoke tube now to enhance the smoke flavor.
the first ribs i smoked didn't get much smoke flavor or even smoke ring, now with the smoke tube i noticed a better smoke ring, not what i want to see but improvement!

I recently bought a BFG and am running into the same problem. Even if I have it on extreme smoke there is little to no smoke coming out. I cranked the feed rate all the way up but then had to deal with inconsistent temps. If I wanted to deal with inconsistent temps or having to feed a tube to produce more smoke. I’d just sit next to my stick burner. I have tried rec teq pellets and some premium pellets that the local Bbq store makes. Same results. No smoke...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back