Brisket: Inject or not..

Dunerzr

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi, Thought this would be an interesting discussion.. I have done brisket both ways. Both ways have turned out incredible! What do you prefer and why? Thanks guys!

I heavily inject the flat out on the end. It is going to dry out sooner during cook. Works well enough that I have made burnt ends from that part of the flat or chop it up for sandwiches.

@Dunerzr I've cooked several briskets on my Rec Tec Bull. Ranging from 8-20 pounds. In all cases so far I have not injected any of them. Instead I get them to temp and wrap in butcher paper. So far all of them have came out very juicy.

Not to say I'm against injecting, I'm not. Just haven't done it yet and so far haven't been let down.

I do and dont. Just depends on how iam feeling about it that day I guess. Like @Mike Said. They come out juice with or without..

I dont use any fancy injection..just some beef paste liquified and inject it throughout the brisket... KISS. Keep it Super Simple

Hi, Thought this would be an interesting discussion.. I have done brisket both ways. Both ways have turned out incredible! What do you prefer and why? Thanks guys!

For me its about who I am cooking for, size of group, and how long the meat will e on the serving table.. Inject for larger and longer.. And best if I just cut it to service each person as we go.. Does that sound controlling, well it is , BUT remember , Franklin's and the best places, cut and serve... No pre cut shit, it dries out , asap

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back