Bull Bull RT-700 Legs

BretM

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
So I ordered a Bull in late May that still has the old leg design. Not a week after I got it set up, RT comes out with the new and improved leg design...story of my life.

Kind of ticked me off that they didn't mention it when I asked before ordering if they anticipated any improvements coming out on the Bull in 2019.

Anyway, does anybody know if the new legs will be available for legacy units?

Someone on here said they talked to RT about that and that they were offering the new leg design as a parts upgrade item. Depending on the timing of your order, and how persuasive an arguer/complainer/self advocate you are you might be able to convince them that it would be doing the "right thing" to comp a set to you. Worth a call...……….

So I ordered a Bull in late May that still has the old leg design. Not a week after I got it set up, RT comes out with the new and improved leg design...story of my life.

Kind of ticked me off that they didn't mention it when I asked before ordering if they anticipated any improvements coming out on the Bull in 2019.

I ordered the Bull a couple of months ago, and it almost tilted back, and over not long after my purchase.
It was loaded full of pellets.
They're way too back heavy.
Doesn't take much for one to tilt.
I added the smoker box, and it's even heavier on the back side now.
I'm getting ready to call, and ask for the upgrade for free.
It's a safety hazard.
Someone could get hurt badly.
Especially children.
Bad design.
Jay Lane

Have you tried reaching out to customer service? That close to ordering and changing in design - I would be surprised if they didn't take care of you.

I did reach out to customer service. They said the new legs will be available for previous units in about a month. They will be available at cost to previous customers who fall within a certain timeframe of purchase.

I don't like that answer...particularly since I asked them days before I purchased if there were going to be any updates to the RT-700 in 2019 and they said no. They knew about this issue and did not announce a design change coming. They should have announced the new design and given a discount on the old models.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back