Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
UPS Freight is dropping off my Bullseye tomorrow so I went to Ace Hardware today to pick up an important accessory for assembling the wheels! Total cost with tax was under $4.00. Hopefully Rec Tec will ditch the hammer-on axle caps and replace them with the proper hardware as standard equipment soon. Fine threaded M10 x 1 and M8 x 1 lock nuts and fender washers.

Attachments

• A9C52274-42B9-4C4D-BE21-DA9CEF207F96.jpeg
    A9C52274-42B9-4C4D-BE21-DA9CEF207F96.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 216
So, the Bullseye arrived today and on the menu for tonight I fixed pork chops reverse seared, starting on the Bull in low smoke mode then finished off on the Grill Grates on the new Bullseye. I checked the temp on the Bullseye as it preheated on Riot mode, and the Grill Grates hit over 900*! Max on the thermometer shows 946*. My gosh, I’m really impressed and the meal was actually a little over charred. I’m not used to having to dial the sear back a bit! The Bull and the Bullseye are going to make a great duo!

Attachments

• 3EE035B9-EF15-4EA9-B1E1-2ABD511CC845.jpeg
    3EE035B9-EF15-4EA9-B1E1-2ABD511CC845.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 237
  • F5865C8D-962F-4EF7-B66C-8ECDAA6BB597.jpeg
    F5865C8D-962F-4EF7-B66C-8ECDAA6BB597.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 200
That's impressive!
Have you done any regular grilling on the bullseye yet? How does it handle more moddest temps?
These bullseyes are tempting me to buy. I have a gasser and kettle to compliment my 590. Not sure the how the wife would act having another pellet burner.

No, it just arrived here yesterday so I haven’t grilled anything else on it yet. Going to grill steaks on it tonight, but that will be another high temp sear.

So, the Bullseye arrived today and on the menu for tonight I fixed pork chops reverse seared, starting on the Bull in low smoke mode then finished off on the Grill Grates on the new Bullseye. I checked the temp on the Bullseye as it preheated on Riot mode, and the Grill Grates hit over 900*! Max on the thermometer shows 946*. My gosh, I’m really impressed and the meal was actually a little over charred. I’m not used to having to dial the sear back a bit! The Bull and the Bullseye are going to make a great duo!
Dang that is impressive. I wonder if others have the same luck. How long did it take to get to that temp and how did it do on pellet use? My RT-700 just takes too long and burns through too many pellets when I go Full - been hoping for a non-gas searing station...this would do the trick for me for sure

Dang that is impressive. I wonder if others have the same luck. How long did it take to get to that temp and how did it do on pellet use? My RT-700 just takes too long and burns through too many pellets when I go Full - been hoping for a non-gas searing station...this would do the trick for me for sure
I haven’t timed it yet, but it gets up to temp pretty fast, and pellet use seems to be minimal. I’ll have a better idea what I can expect after a few more cooks. I had the same concerns as you with my Bull, which is why I decided on adding a Bullseye.

I did ribeyes last night, 4 minutes total each side and they turned out well. They finished out to medium after resting, which is overdone as my preference. I suspect 3 minutes total on each side will get them medium rare with this cut of meat. I also cooked corn and suger snap peas straight from the garden on the Bull.

Attachments

• 80B13396-E7AA-49C7-97CD-A5AAEC089B21.jpeg
    80B13396-E7AA-49C7-97CD-A5AAEC089B21.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 53DE67BF-42E1-4960-A7CD-C58245CD61E2.jpeg
    53DE67BF-42E1-4960-A7CD-C58245CD61E2.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 175
I did ribeyes last night, 4 minutes total each side and they turned out well. They finished out to medium after resting, which is overdone as my preference. I suspect 3 minutes total on each side will get them medium rare with this cut of meat. I also cooked corn and suger snap peas straight from the garden on the Bull.
My hope would be to sear quickly with a Bullseye and bake in Bull provided it gets hot enough quick enough to make that worth the dual effort. Wish they posted a time/temp graph on their products in at least their controlled environment.

My hope would be to sear quickly with a Bullseye and bake in Bull provided it gets hot enough quick enough to make that worth the dual effort. Wish they posted a time/temp graph on their products in at least their controlled environment.
I like to reverse sear steaks myself, but it pretty much demands a thicker cut of meat. A dual effort would be very doable, assuming your cuts of steak are very thick, say nearly 2”. It’s going to be a challenge using the Bullseye on riot mode for the sear and the Bull for the slow cook on a typical cuts of steak closer to 1” thick or so, as is what I had with these ribeyes.

Doesn‘t matter if it is a reverse sear or slow cook first, cooking a steak to 120*-125* on a slow cook then searing on a Bullseye on Riot mode (for perhaps 30-40 seconds per side) to get a final temp of around 135* for medium rare is not going to give you the crust you are wanting. At least, that’s been my experience. Willing to learn if others have had a different experience.

I like to reverse sear steaks myself, but it pretty much demands a thicker cut of meat. A dual effort would be very doable, assuming your cuts of steak are very thick, say nearly 2”. It’s going to be a challenge using the Bullseye on riot mode for the sear and the Bull for the slow cook on a typical cuts of steak closer to 1” thick or so, as is what I had with these ribeyes.

Doesn‘t matter if it is a reverse sear or slow cook first, cooking a steak to 120*-125* on a slow cook then searing on a Bullseye on Riot mode (for perhaps 30-40 seconds per side) to get a final temp of around 135* for medium rare is not going to give you the crust you are wanting. At least, that’s been my experience. Willing to learn if others have had a different experience.
Was able to get one ordered last week - on its way now. Funny how exciting it feels. Anyhow, hopefully can contribute to the knowledge sharing soon enough!

UPS Freight is dropping off my Bullseye tomorrow so I went to Ace Hardware today to pick up an important accessory for assembling the wheels! Total cost with tax was under $4.00. Hopefully Rec Tec will ditch the hammer-on axle caps and replace them with the proper hardware as standard equipment soon. Fine threaded M10 x 1 and M8 x 1 lock nuts and fender washers.
@Greg Jones how did you know what size proper hardware to get? Is it SS? You convinced me to get a Bullseye. Wonder how long the waiting list is!

The axles are threaded metric, M10 x 1 fine thread for the wheel axle and M8 x 1 fine thread for the smaller, kickstand axle. However, I understand that RT now ships the Bullseye with a different axle cap that works well, so I would recommend just trying those.

The first 3 batches sold out in minutes, it was crazy. The RT website actually crashed during the last batch. The next batch is due in sometime in September. If you want to improve your chances of getting one, it helps to have any accessories you want also in your cart and have your cc info saved. Then as soon as they announce that they are available, add the Bullseye to your cart and check out fast. Good luck!

The axles are threaded metric, M10 x 1 fine thread for the wheel axle and M8 x 1 fine thread for the smaller, kickstand axle. However, I understand that RT now ships the Bullseye with a different axle cap that works well, so I would recommend just trying those.

The first 3 batches sold out in minutes, it was crazy. The RT website actually crashed during the last batch. The next batch is due in sometime in September. If you want to improve your chances of getting one, it helps to have any accessories you want also in your cart and have your cc info saved. Then as soon as they announce that they are available, add the Bullseye to your cart and check out fast. Good luck!
Thanks @Greg Jones. I remember that nite the RT site crashed. The RT insider web site still worked but not the regular one.

I didn’t know they had an insider web site! I would have thought after buying 3 of their cookers they would have given me the insider scoop. 😀

I think I would still use the metric nuts versus the axle caps, just looks sharper. How did you know what size metric nuts to get when you hadn't gotten your new Bullseye yet?

@Greg Jones have you tried to sear your steaks without the sear plate kit? It appears to me the Bullseye is hot to trot and wouldn't need the sear plates. I am a lazy A-- and don't want to have to clean the sear plates. LOL. I don't care about sear marks on my Ribeye, just want it to eat good.

I have not. I’ve had these plates for several years, and i pretty much always use them for searing chops and steaks. Normally I use the flat side as I like flavor of an all-over sear more than the good looks of the X marks. I’d hold off on buying them until you have had a chance to test without a sear plate.

I have not. I’ve had these plates for several years, and i pretty much always use them for searing chops and steaks. Normally I use the flat side as I like flavor of an all-over sear more than the good looks of the X marks. I’d hold off on buying them until you have had a chance to test without a sear plate.
OK, thanks. May try steaks this weekend on my Stampede without the sear plates and see how goes it. I will get the sear kit anyway for the Bullseye. Wife will want to use them for something sometime. I best have them or else!! LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back