Bullseye Bullseye Accessory Kit

I would buy the grates that fit in both the Stampede and the Bullseye, that way you have options on where you want to use them. I don’t know the dimensions of the Stampede, so I can’t advise which is best. My grates are for a Large Big Green Egg (18“) so they will fit in all my grills.

I would buy the grates that fit in both the Stampede and the Bullseye, that way you have options on where you want to use them. I don’t know the dimensions of the Stampede, so I can’t advise which is best. My grates are for a Large Big Green Egg (18“) so they will fit in all my grills.
I already have the Stampede Sear Plates. They measure 15-1/2 x 19-1/2 inches. I think they are too long because they fill the grill completely front to back. Grease can get down into the grill body unless you turn them the other direction.

Attachments

• Stampede Sear Plates 15.5 x 19.5 inches.jpg
    Stampede Sear Plates 15.5 x 19.5 inches.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
You would be limited to only 1 panel in the Bullseye. I thought 2 might fit, and I cut a piece of cardboard 15-3/8 x 19-½ to test in my Bullseye, and the corners of 2 panels would have to be rounded off to fit. Perhaps wait until you get a Bullseye and see how one panel works on 2 small steaks or chops, and compare that to how the Bullseye works with the stock grates?

You would be limited to only 1 panel in the Bullseye. I thought 2 might fit, and I cut a piece of cardboard 15-3/8 x 19-½ to test in my Bullseye, and the corners of 2 panels would have to be rounded off to fit. Perhaps wait until you get a Bullseye and see how one panel works on 2 small steaks or chops, and compare that to how the Bullseye works with the stock grates?
Thanks for checking. I bet the Bullseye sear plates would fit nice in the Stampede. We have a nice machine shop close by. Maybe I can have them cut down.

They are anodized aluminum, a non-ferrous metal, so they are fairly easy to cut. If you have a neighbor with a jigsaw, should be fairly simple.

They are anodized aluminum, a non-ferrous metal, so they are fairly easy to cut. If you have a neighbor with a jigsaw, should be fairly simple.
LOL. I have a couple of jigsaws but I saw straight like I measure. It's horrible to see. A band saw would do a better job.

Bandsaw works great as well. As a FYI, I’m a woodworker, have two bandsaws, and I have cut aluminum on one of them... once. The rubber tires of the bandsaw pick up the shards of cut aluminum and was imbedded in the tires. I’ll never do that again, so word of caution for what it cost you!

Bandsaw works great as well. As a FYI, I’m a woodworker, have two bandsaws, and I have cut aluminum on one of them... once. The rubber tires of the bandsaw pick up the shards of cut aluminum and was imbedded in the tires. I’ll never do that again, so word of caution for what it cost you!
WOW, I hope the machine shop will do it. Maybe it is a bad idea anyway. I don't want to have to clean up the sear plates anyway. I am hoping the Bullseye will do a good sear job without the sear plates.

Just some fodder for mind processing, but instead of grill grates look into a cast iron pan of some sort; griddle shape, fry pan, roaster, whichever will give you multipurpose use in other cookers (kitchen or patio). I have a saying; "Stripes are for show, full sear is for go." I can visualize a good size, round griddle or low side pan (e.g. paella) for the Matador would give you some added versatility for stir fry, roasting, searing, let the imagination run wild.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back