Bullseye Bullseye is now available

Stupid question Why? a Bullseye? Why the rush to get one? It is only a grill?
Thanks Dan

Stupid question Why? a Bullseye? Why the rush to get one? It is only a grill?
Thanks Dan
Well, it’s a pretty nice grill. They get crazy hot, very fast in the max Riot mode, my IR thermometer recorded over 940* on the grill grates. I see it complementing my Bull nicely.

I believe that RecTec never intended to sell more, or at least very few 380 grills at the introductory price. I phoned them two weeks ago and was advised to check the web site for availability. Their web site never listed the grills as “in stock”, and I checked often. We were not permitted to preorder at a locked in price. They “sold out” of 380s before they announced their availability. The phone goes to voicemail during their published business hours. It would be interesting to learn how many 380s were actually sold at the introductory price.

I predict that there will be an abundant supply of 380s when the price goes up. Time will tell.

I think RecTec’s vaunted customer “service” is comparable to the farmer taking his cow to the neighbor’s bull to have her “serviced”.

Bullseye is a nice grill at the $399 price but they can keep it at $499, I thought I herd Ray talking about a $449 but time will tell. I'm in no hurry as long as the $399 price holds.

Last edited:
It's safe to say that none of us know the real reasons for this. Which leaves plenty of room for speculation, conspiracy theories, and dissatisfaction. I have to imagine a big factor for this involves how supply chains continue to be disrupted due to the global pandemic. These units are built overseas, and it's not just the Bulleye that they're having trouble keeping in stock.

I don't plan to order one, but from a consumer standpoint, I recognize it would be nice if they'd consider a preorder list for folks to reserve. That can be a hassle to maintain since people change their minds, get impatient, or didn't really want one in the first place. But people are getting hacked off about having to keep checking on their own in hopes of ordering at the intro price.

And if I was interested in one, I'd be concerned about the apparent issues with parts & hardware.

As for bulls "servicing" cows, that's close to George Carlin's description of capitalism in general...

Last edited:
It's safe to say that none of us know the real reasons for this. Which leaves plenty of room for speculation, conspiracy theories, and dissatisfaction. I have to imagine a big factor for this involves how supply chains continue to be disrupted due to the global pandemic. These units are built overseas, and it's not just the Bulleye that they're having trouble keeping in stock.

I don't plan to order one, but from a consumer standpoint, I recognize it would be nice if they'd consider a preorder list for folks to reserve. That can be a hassle to maintain since people change their minds, get impatient, or didn't really want one in the first place. But people are getting hacked off about having to keep checking on their own in hopes of ordering at the intro price.

And if I was interested in one, I'd be concerned about the apparent issues with parts & hardware.

As for bulls "servicing" cows, that's close to George Carlin's description of capitalism in general...

I don’t get not allowing pre-orders either. I mean why not? Regardless, I’m a buyer at $399 ... @ $449 they can keep it.

It really is a bummer that they can't make these fast enough. You know that isn't what they wanted at all. Ray put a message out there saying exactly that - he even thought he had enough stock to last 2 weeks when he first put them on sale and they sold out in about an hour. I guess this time they were all gone in 15 minutes. I think obviously there are a few issues -
Supply chains have been disrupted all over the world. Go try to buy any appliance right now. It's weird the things that aren't in stores. Bicycles are almost impossible to find even. So I'm surprised they're able to get anything.
People are doing more outdoor things, that probably includes grilling out. I haven't used my gas grill yet this year and I almost bought one of the originals. I told the girl that as soon as this thing came out, I was getting it rather than replacing my gasser. And almost no one is going out to eat either.

The preorder / waiting list is probably easier said than done. Again, I can't buy a freezer right now and Lowe's won't let me get on a wait list or preorder one. This can't possibly be a situation RecTec wants to be in - they're getting flooded with calls and people are getting upset that they can't get one. I don't think they're trying to manufacture hype over it or anything. My guess is they'll leave the intro price on at least until they stop selling out in 15 minutes. And they're under no obligation to - many companies would have doubled the price after they all sold out in an hour.

Ray seemed pretty sincere when he said there would be plenty at this time. They were gone in an instant. As long as they keep the pit at 399. I’m good. Won’t do it for more. It’s the principle of the thing. ??

Last edited:
Ray seemed pretty sincere when he said there would be plenty at this time. They were gone in an instant. As long as they keep the pit is at 399. I’m good. Won’t do it for more. It’s the principle of the thing. ??
I totally agree with the principal thing.

Now the Bullseye in stock status is mid July.
Screenshot_20200618-182649_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
What I would like to know is they had the Beta version of this grill, did they make a change other than the stainless steel drum, heard nothing from the Beta grill users about all the fasteners and wheel caps breaking.

RecTec admin posted this yesterday afternoon on FB
Thank you everyone for your patience and support! We promise everyone who has missed out on these releases will still have the chance to get the introductory price of $399.

RecTec admin posted this yesterday afternoon on FB
Thank you everyone for your patience and support! We promise everyone who has missed out on these releases will still have the chance to get the introductory price of $399.
We will be entering year 2 of the release and it will still be 399. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back