Bullseye Bullseye is now available

This also came from FB

From Ben Lesshafft, General manager of REC TEC.

"Fans Ben sent an email to an angry customer today. I’ll change the name but I hope it helps everyone understand our plight.

Dear Customer,

Let me start by saying that we appreciate your long time support and I understand your frustration. Rather it be a grill, an iphone, or even the “hot” item that our kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews want for the holidays, we all find ourselves in the mad dash to get a new product from time to time.

However, your insinuations about our company and insulting remarks regarding Raymond are both untrue and completely off base.

We are not doing this to create buzz, if that were the case we would be running ads, lots of them, it would ads non-stop. We aren’t doing that. We are only releasing this to those that have CHOSEN to be a part of our insider email distribution list. It’s not on Amazon, it’s not being advertised in search engines, and we are not doing any promotional campaigns with any of our advertising partners with this grill.

We are not holding back inventory to drive this into some kind of viral stunt. It’s quite simple: product comes in/we release it/goes out of stock until more comes in/repeat. Don’t believe us, when your job duties as a truck driver bring you near our facility in Augusta, GA then feel free to stop by for a tour. We have nothing to hide. And, to be frank, do you really think we want to sell LESS grills?

We are not doing this to be mean, we simply have a product in high demand that we are releasing in the most fair way possible as it comes available. The first wave was launched in the morning and saw sales average 80 / min. The second wave was launched at night and averaged over 100 / min. We knew there was a demand for this product but the sheer volume of recent sales of the SS Bullseye is extremely out of skew with our sales if it’s version 1 predecessor, historically. Thus the reason for Raymond’s video after launch #1. When a product that averaged a few hundred units / month over a period of multiple years turns around and sells 2k in 30 minutes after re-launch, it’s surprising. No one, not even Ray, saw it coming. He could have taken his ball and gone home, but he faced our customers and fans with honesty and clarity as he always has.

Some of our customers have asked, or even downright demanded, a chance to pre-order. They believe that to be a better way as opposed to the mad dash to the e-checkout. Sounds reasonable, EXCEPT now we are violating some credit card policies when it comes to collecting money without being able to provide a specific shipping time-frane. And credit card companies frown on that as they don’t see it as a business practice that serves the best interest of their customers. To be honest, they’re right. I, as a business manager, would love to pile up a pre-order a mile long and just simply say “well it ships when we have them.” Any business would love to have that kind of cash flow. But it just is NOT the right thing to do.

In sum, we have more on the way, we will continue to only release to insiders until this pent up demand has receded, and the introductory price of $399 will not go away any time soon. I hope this has given you a glimpse into the thoughtful process we have implemented. It’s not perfect but it’s fair. If you have a better suggestion given the circumstances I have stated, we are all ears.
Thanks and safe travels.

Ben Lesshafft
General Manager
REC TEC Grills"

They can still create a waiting list and then sent you an email to say you have 48 hours to place your order or loose your spot. That would control the situation better.

Yup people just need to put stuff in perspective. We've had some life changing medical stuff this spring at our home and sometimes it makes you want to puke over some of the things people get bent out of shape over.

I think we have a whole generation that were brought up on me first, trophy for all and I want it NOW!
Thats one of the nice things about BBQ, low and slow. Makes you wait. ??

Last edited:
Nuts how there is so much hype leading up and the site cant handle the demand.

Last edited:
The demand is real... freaking crazy seeing the posts about it on the facebook groups... Site was crashed due to traffic... They are doing something right and makes me feel like I am buying into the right company...

Companies far bigger than RT have had their websites fail due to high traffic. I'd cut them slack. What surprises me is how worked up people get over this grill.

I have been reading the forums and all the "amazing" advice all these people that know nothing about the internal workings within RT want to give Ray on his company and how he should run it. They expect him to change his contracts, strategies, and infrastructure for a surge demand and to fit individual needs yesterday...

I understand the frustration, but my goodness, how amazing is it that a company that sells grills, had so much traffic it shut down the site...

It's easier for me to sit back and be happy for the RT community and look past the naysayers, because this round I got the prize...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back