Bullseye message from Ray Carnes

Stand up guy and not many company men would have cared enough about their customers to create a video like this.

but how does one mis-calculate an anticipated 2-week shopping window of product that ran out in less than one hour, heck less than 15 minutes?... Must be that new “common core” math when creating the algorithm for stock levels... ?

Stand up guy and not many company men would have cared enough about their customers to create a video like this.

but how does one mis-calculate an anticipated 2-week shopping window of product that ran out in less than one hour, heck less than 15 minutes?... Must be that new “common core” math when creating the algorithm for stock levels... ?
Yes Ray is a standup guy but someone's math was a little off at RecTec LOL.?

Last edited:
Looks like that bottle of TUMS got some use...lol
RecTec is the best.
Says that reaches temps over 500 degrees, any idea how over? Also, what/how does direct-flame grilling work? ??

I'm guessing 700°. This video claims RT has seen 800.
It's just a open flame grill with PID and pellets as fuel.

Says that reaches temps over 500 degrees, any idea how over? Also, what/how does direct-flame grilling work? ??
People have been posting 749 in the RIOT mode
FB_IMG_1591101018833.jpg

Last edited:
If you're very critical of this whole thing then you've probably never been in charge of a marketing program/project/operation. The FB crowd (probably not a surprise) has been brutal. It's fun to poke at "core math" stuff, I get the humor, but there might be some room to poke at the entitlement mentality some folks have. "I want what I want and I'm due it now." Yeah okay. Yeah, they kinda shot themselves in the foot by not having enough on hand, but there's no mechanism to judge (guess really) what actual demand will be short of doing pre-orders and dealing with that form of impatience. In hindsight (if you had an eye in your ass you'd be perfect) that might have been a better path, but here they are...………...being successful none the less.

If you're very critical of this whole thing then you've probably never been in charge of a marketing program/project/operation. The FB crowd (probably not a surprise) has been brutal. It's fun to poke at "core math" stuff, I get the humor, but there might be some room to poke at the entitlement mentality some folks have. "I want what I want and I'm due it now." Yeah okay. Yeah, they kinda shot themselves in the foot by not having enough on hand, but there's no mechanism to judge (guess really) what actual demand will be short of doing pre-orders and dealing with that form of impatience. In hindsight (if you had an eye in your ass you'd be perfect) that might have been a better path, but here they are...………...being successful none the less.
So true

I expect the amount they had on hand was all they could get in their initial production order. If that’s the case, then the only other option would have been to not release any until the next shipment arrived. No company is going to do that today, they need to turn the cash and reduce the likelihood that people will tire of waiting and buy someone else’s product.

I expect the amount they had on hand was all they could get in their initial production order. If that’s the case, then the only other option would have been to not release any until the next shipment arrived. No company is going to do that today, they need to turn the cash and reduce the likelihood that people will tire of waiting and buy someone else’s product.
I agree and getting the new product out there for people to talk about can't hurt business either.

Well said! Thank you!

Very well said. Most consumers have been very spoiled when it comes to product availability and shipping times, and take their entitlement seriously.

For a lot of them, the greatest hardship they faced before COVID-19 was slow WiFi... :censored:

Very well said. Most consumers have been very spoiled when it comes to product availability and shipping times, and take their entitlement seriously.

For a lot of them, the greatest hardship they faced before COVID-19 was slow WiFi... :censored:

Sad but so true, entitlement don't get me started on this subject.

...better'n being stuck with a warehouse full of inventory you can't sell. My experience is that many of these Chinese manufacturers want cash on the barrelhead, before delivery. So, being sure you can sell what you bought from them tends to snug up the ol sphincter.

I had read the company background but never seen either of the owners. Seems a very stand up guy. Not everyone can display empathy, especially at that level. Makes me feel even better about having given Rec Tec my business...which freight company is delivering Tuesday!

I had read the company background but never seen either of the owners. Seems a very stand up guy. Not everyone can display empathy, especially at that level. Makes me feel even better about having given Rec Tec my business...which freight company is delivering Tuesday!
You are in for a treat. You will love the product. ??

Any rumors on when these will be back in stock? Still pissed that I had one in my cart, but had to reset my password to get back into my account and poof they were gone. His video said he thought he had enough for 2 weeks, so I thought maybe yesterday they'd go back up.... but nothing yet.

Any rumors on when these will be back in stock? Still pissed that I had one in my cart, but had to reset my password to get back into my account and poof they were gone. His video said he thought he had enough for 2 weeks, so I thought maybe yesterday they'd go back up.... but nothing yet.
Best I can say is soon and any day now, pretty sure RecTec wants to get plenty of supply in stock of these Bullseye grills to eliminate what happen earlier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back