• 1 tbsp black pepper
  • 1 tbsp kosher salt
  • 10oz white wine
  • 28oz crushed tomatoes
  • 96oz chicken stock
  • 5 cups white rice
  • 1 cup green onion, sliced
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Pre-heat Rec Tec Grill Matador to high heat.
  2. Add the sliced sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes, then move to the front row.
  3. Add the cubed chicken thighs and sear 2-3 minutes, then move to the front row.
  4. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and spices, then cook until tender (4-5 minutes).
  5. Combine all the ingredients, add the crushed tomatoes, white wine, and chicken stock, then allow the mixture to simmer while covered for 15-20 minutes.
  6. Add the rice and cook while covered for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
  7. Add the shrimp to the top, cover, and turn off the heat, allowing the jambalaya to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
  8. Top with sliced green onions.

I might be pickin' some nits here, the pic is great and the ingredients look fine, but there ain't no quantity of shrimp on the ingredients list. ;) With 5 cups of rice and almost a gallon of liquid added I'd guess a fair number for the small army planned to feed.

@Mike. Looks delish! Wondering same as @Uncle Bob, and also as a newbie smoker, what are you grilling the sliced sausage and chicken pieces in/on? What about rest of ingredients? When you mention moving things “to the front” what do you mean??? Trying to get a good understanding so I can try this recipe...maybe cutting the recipe down in quantity a little. We just got our Bull a couple weeks ago by the way. ?

Reactions: Kim
@Mike. Looks delish! Wondering same as @Uncle Bob, and also as a newbie smoker, what are you grilling the sliced sausage and chicken pieces in/on? What about rest of ingredients? When you mention moving things “to the front” what do you mean??? Trying to get a good understanding so I can try this recipe...maybe cutting the recipe down in quantity a little. We just got our Bull a couple weeks ago by the way. ?
As mentioned in the instructions on Step 1 - this is assuming you are using the Rec Tec Matador WOK cooker.

You might be able to get a Griddle Hack in your Bull and do the same thing as the Matador.

As mentioned in the instructions on Step 1 - this is assuming you are using the Rec Tec Matador WOK cooker.

You might be able to get a Griddle Hack in your Bull and do the same thing as the Matador.
@Mike Ohhh okay. Should have looked up the Matador! Didn’t realize it was a WOK! Now it all makes sense. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back