Coffee, Anyone?

Coffee first thing in the morning, then on to the grilling of the day Whats your brew method?

• Chemex

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Percolator

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Press

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Cold Brew

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Pour Over

• Espresso

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keurig

• Drip

• Total voters

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
First thing in the morning, coffee. I'm one of the few guys on the planet who brings his wife coffee in bed, every day. That just comes from getting up at 5 am, every day. Just how my body works. With first cup of coffee in hand, let the Springer out and head out to the deck to get smoker ready for the days event. What's your preferred coffee brewing method?

1588678255278.jpeg

Kourig for me

First thing in the morning, coffee. I'm one of the few guys on the planet who brings his wife coffee in bed, every day. That just comes from getting up at 5 am, every day. Just how my body works. What's your preferred coffee brewing method?

I am like you, been getting around 4:30 -5 my whole adult life. I always bring my wife coffee in the morning. During the week i use a Ninja drip coffee maker and on weekends usually do french press

I guess there are two of us who get up early and bring coffee! ??

Early riser since I was a kid. Had to go to work or school.
If I brought coffee to my wife at 5 am it would sit and get cold until 9.
I am still working so I am out of the house by 6:30.
The only time I use an alarm clock is to go fishing!

My first coffee of the morning is iced coffee. Brew a pot, let it cool, pour it into a pitcher so its ready each morning. Second cup is from the Keurig in my office.

My first coffee of the morning is iced coffee. Brew a pot, let it cool, pour it into a pitcher so its ready each morning. Second cup is from the Keurig in my office.
Every try cold brew instead? Pretty easy to do yourself - can just use a french press. Get a really coarse grind and let it sit in the press for a couple hours. In a good resealable container, it'll keep in the fridge for a week. And it ends up almost like a concentrate so you can mix it with water, milk, over ice, whatever.

Drip is my daily, just because I go through about 2 pots every day. I've had a Technivorm for years that serves me well. If I'm feeling fancy, I might get out the press. I think the single serve machine are terrible and a waste of money :D I actually bought one of the reusable baskets when the office I worked in only had a little Keurig.
I'm more picky about the actual beans / roast / grind.

Every try cold brew instead? Pretty easy to do yourself - can just use a french press. Get a really coarse grind and let it sit in the press for a couple hours. In a good resealable container, it'll keep in the fridge for a week. And it ends up almost like a concentrate so you can mix it with water, milk, over ice, whatever.
Nope I'm lazy and do drip coffee it has to be black and hot. We reheat the left overs in the microwave the next day or make a fresh pot if low. Now my beer that has to be ice cold and can be what ever you hand me.

Nope I'm lazy and do drip coffee it has to be black and hot. We reheat the left overs in the microwave the next day or make a fresh pot if low. Now my beer that has to be ice cold and can be what ever you hand me.
If I make cold brew, I reheat the concentrate and water in the microwave. Very little acidity. Good coffee ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back