Coffee

After avoiding coffee for about 60 years I became a drinker of the stuff, albeit reluctantly. After drinking one brand for a couple of years simply because they sent me a free coffee maker, I switched to A Costco coffee, Jose's vanilla bean I believe it was. Just recently I lost a taste for it.

So I have been shopping around Mostly online looking for something that I would like to stick with. So far I've not had much luck. I'm through buying Costco coffees since I learned they all come from starbucks, a company I do not intend on supporting. Yesterday I opened A 2 pound a package of Amazon's own brand of beans and had my 1st cups yesterday and today, not bad. Especially with a good dose of coffee mate.

Recently I discovered that my burr grinder is a beginner machine. That was a surprise. I thought my Black and Decker blade grinder was the beginner machine.

I would very much like to become a coffee snob. Do you think I'm on the right track?

After avoiding coffee for about 60 years I became a drinker of the stuff, albeit reluctantly. After drinking one brand for a couple of years simply because they sent me a free coffee maker, I switched to A Costco coffee, Jose's vanilla bean I believe it was. Just recently I lost a taste for it.

So I have been shopping around Mostly online looking for something that I would like to stick with. So far I've not had much luck. I'm through buying Costco coffees since I learned they all come from starbucks, a company I do not intend on supporting. Yesterday I opened A 2 pound a package of Amazon's own brand of beans and had my 1st cups yesterday and today, not bad. Especially with a good dose of coffee mate.

Recently I discovered that my burr grinder is a beginner machine. That was a surprise. I thought my Black and Decker blade grinder was the beginner machine.

I would very much like to become a coffee snob. Do you think I'm on the right track?
Well, it is a start. ;)

I prefer coffee from Panama. I am lucky to have a friend with a small hacienda in the mountains and get Geisha from him. If I can't get his then I just use any from the Boquete region of the country. As a side note. I do make a wonderful beef rub using any old cheap coffee I have on hand. Just put some on a tenderloin for Mother's Day supper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back