Competition Cart Swap

Bulverde

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
  2. RT-680
Hello all,

New here but not to RT. Already enjoyed reading many posts. Love my RT but was looking for a wheel upgrade or better yet upgrade by beloved 680 to the 700.

I see that there is now an upgraded leg option for $150 or the competition cart for $399.

With so many comments about the need to stabilize the grill, and knowing that RT most likely monitors these threads, I wonder why they don’t I have an option to opt for the competition cart in place of the legs at the time of purchase. Perhaps charge an additional $275 or $300 ( so no lost profit) at the time of purchase so you’re not just throwing away the legs. Plus, saving a little money.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Welcome aboard.
Thoughts? From a business perspective that would require an additional line of packaging at the origin plant including materials and handling, additional tracking in shipping, additional inventory control at the warehouse in Georgia, additional web page design and monitoring, and probably some extra loopty loop since the comp carts likely come from someplace else. None of those individually are any real challenge, but add each for a total and the additional real costs to the company probably negate any possibility of discounting significantly to maintain margin goals. Folks who've never been responsible for something similar/comparable may not be able to envision all the "hidden" costs in a "simple" request, but that's why experience has value. The conservationist in me would like to not see the standard form legs/wheels wasted either, but I'm only addressing the pricing part of your question.

Very well put Uncle Bob! I think I will go with the new Bull and competition cart. Perhaps someone on here may want to purchase The new legs for an older RT 680 or 700.

Hello all,

New here but not to RT. Already enjoyed reading many posts. Love my RT but was looking for a wheel upgrade or better yet upgrade by beloved 680 to the 700.

I see that there is now an upgraded leg option for $150 or the competition cart for $399.

With so many comments about the need to stabilize the grill, and knowing that RT most likely monitors these threads, I wonder why they don’t I have an option to opt for the competition cart in place of the legs at the time of purchase. Perhaps charge an additional $275 or $300 ( so no lost profit) at the time of purchase so you’re not just throwing away the legs. Plus, saving a little money.

Any thoughts?

Well I have the 700 and the comp cart, big patio with rock, the comp cart is like dancing , just glides across the patio.. lock down great... so for my $$ get the cart.. and ask for some deal when you buy the Bull 700... sure there is something their...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back