Cooking for two

Cirhere

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi guys any of you guys cook for just two
What do you do cut brisket or butt in half and stick in freezer
I just bought my 590 and I find myself spending and planning a lot of smokes that food will go to waste. lol

Shouldn't go to waste by any means. Freeze and use for future meals, fajitas, tacos, stew, endless . Lots of people cook smokers full to utilize .

There are two of us enjoying my 590. I cook all the time on it. I freeze in vacuum-sealed packages, dinner portions for two. It's amazing how good the food tastes even after being frozen.

I also will bring food to some of my neighbors who enjoy it as well.

So far nothing has come to waste!!!

I cook everything whole. I don't ever cut the brisket in half or a pork roast in half. I enjoy the cook as much as I do eating it!

When we cook larger cuts of meats some of it gets used for lunches or put into something else that becomes another dinner and some may get vacuum sealed and put in the chest freezer, nothing goes to waste. It's just the two of us three if you count the dog and she helps out a little too.

Last edited:
There are two of us enjoying my 590. I cook all the time on it. I freeze in vacuum-sealed packages, dinner portions for two. It's amazing how good the food tastes even after being frozen.

I also will bring food to some of my neighbors who enjoy it as well.

So far nothing has come to waste!!!

I cook everything whole. I don't ever cut the brisket in half or a pork roast in half. I enjoy the cook as much as I do eating it!
Like BethV we cook it, cool it and then vacuum seal it in portions big enough for one meal. Then use it with breakfast hashes, tacos, burritos, mac ‘n cheese etc. as needed. It’s super convenient and tastes great when thawed. This seems to work best with large cuts rather than ribs IMHO. But ribs never last long in my house anyway.

I end up with a lot of frozen leftovers packaged for a meal for 2. Been doing enchiladas, tacos, brunswick stew which creates leftovers from leftovers, and a new favorite stuffed baked potatoes, sort of stuffed. You can get 5 or 6 meals out of a single cook, saves on fuel...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back