Cover For RT700

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I need a cover for my RT700. Is the Rec Tec cover worth the money or is there a generic cover that is a good fit?

I got my Bull yesterday, but waited until today to unpack the cover because it's supposed to rain overnight. The cover is nice, man. I think they included it in my purchase.

I went ahead and purchased a fitted cover for mine, so that way I didn't end up with something way too bulky or too small. Just from looking around, I see people selling new ones on the forums for $60-65 if you wanted to wait for something to pop up there and save a little money.

I purchased a cover with my new 700 (just got her last week, so excited) and I noticed the first time I used it, condensation built up underneath it. I'm almost more concerned putting the cover on than just leaving it off.

I got mine with the bull, no smoke box. It is hard on the religion getting it on and off. Ive seen some guys have added a zipper which sounds like the cats meow.

I ordered a cover with mine. There is definitely a process for taking it on and off given it's fitted and there are a lot of corners on the RT700. If someone hasn't already, they should put up a video on the best way to put on and remove. I THINK I have it down, but not enough to post a video just yet. The good thing is the cover from Rec Tec comes with a warranty and is pretty heavy duty. Bottom line, I would recommend it.

I got the smoke box cover but my smoke box is separated from the grill so I never use it.
My grill is under cover and since I use it every couple days I just leave it uncovered.
It will get a little dusty or like the last week or so gets covered in pollen.
If anyone wants to trade a shorty for the smoke box version let me know. The bigger covers sell for 40 bucks or so more AND RT is out of stock on the bigger covers right now.

I got the smoke box cover but my smoke box is separated from the grill so I never use it.
My grill is under cover and since I use it every couple days I just leave it uncovered.
It will get a little dusty or like the last week or so gets covered in pollen.
If anyone wants to trade a shorty for the smoke box version let me know. The bigger covers sell for 40 bucks or so more AND RT is out of stock on the bigger covers right now.

Does the smokebox cover version make it easier to put on and off (when the smokebox isn't attached)

I need a cover for my RT700. Is the Rec Tec cover worth the money or is there a generic cover that is a good fit?
I bought the cover a few weeks after i got the bull. I use the bull often so rarely put the cover on. I like being able to fire it up without going outside. ??

My cover for the Bull with smokebox goes on real easy, I never opened the box and put it on the top shelf in my basement, it was real easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back