Bull Cover

hallsofmontezuma

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Since the official cover is sold out, does anyone have a 3rd party cover that fits they use and recommend?

My rt-700 is in the exterior corner of my covered screen porch. Would you even cover it or just leave it uncovered? A little bit of rain got on the controller metal cover last night. I'm not sure how much that matters. In pollen season it definitely needs to be covered, or else it will have a thick coat of yellow paint. :)

Mine are under a closed in porch but will get very dirty if you don't cover.

Do a search and you'll find a ton of post about covers...theres a thread on this topic I swear daily...

As it's covered and out of the weather I'd just throw something cotton over it to keep off the dust. Mine sits out in the yard with a RT cover on it, many times when I remove it it's wet underneath. It's either condensation, or the rain gets through. The cover is less then 2 months old...

Since the official cover is sold out, does anyone have a 3rd party cover that fits they use and recommend?

My rt-700 is in the exterior corner of my covered screen porch. Would you even cover it or just leave it uncovered? A little bit of rain got on the controller metal cover last night. I'm not sure how much that matters. In pollen season it definitely needs to be covered, or else it will have a thick coat of yellow paint. :)
The cover sold by Rectec is rated as water repellant, not waterproof. I am on my second cover in 5 years for my 680 and I use it strictly to reduce sun damage. The water trapped under the cover has not effected my pellets or my electronics in any way in 5 years. My 680 is out on and open deck with no roof at all.

Thanks for the review. Good to know the moisture trapped inside doesn't negatively affect anything, as some have suggested.
Mine is on a screen porch, so mainly I'm looking to keep out pollen in the spring.

Here's how my cover usually fits. When I need another I’ll go with a generic to get a better fit.

CF573D03-F1B2-499B-AB6F-B67FFD4A81E5.jpeg

The cover takes some getting used to to put it on and take it off. I start with the smoke stack side and work from front to back. I also found that with the cover sits in the sun it is a lot easier to get one. Another tip, make sure the small round temperature probe access cover is closed before you put it on. If not when you take the cover off it will get hung up on it and bend it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back