damage to grill

MWsmoker38

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
So I just received my second grill after having damage to the first one. So 3 weeks after ordering my first grill I received my 2nd and it was damaged as well. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but wanted to see if anyone else had an issue with their grill missing rivets and being welded instead. I'm trying to decide on if I should send it back or not. There was also damage to the pellet box as well. Let me know what you guys think?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 194
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 138
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    581.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 130
It must be who there using for delivering these smaller grills, maybe request Rec Tec to use a different shipping carrier to get you one that in good shape.

The box was pretty destroyed when I got it. This is the 2nd one I received like this. The hopper was likely shipping damage. What really confused me was the welding and 2 missing rivets I wasn't sure if this was a manufacturing issue or this was the way they were made.

yes, they are offering to take it back and send another via crate shipping or offering a small refund. But sending it back would mean another 2-3 weeks of waiting.

The way RT professionally package their grills, has to be the carrier. Missing rivets, quality control issue.
I definitely think it's a bit of both. Hopefully the 3rd grill will be better. I just found it strange that 2 rivets were missing and they were welded in the same place on both the grills that I received. On the first grill the rivets were found in the bottom of the grill. Right now I don't have a lot of confidence that the 3rd one will be much better on the missing rivet issue. I may have to cut my losses and look for another brand if this one doesn't work out.

I'll agree with others and I've said this alot in here. RecTec needs to change who is shipping their products.Not only is it giving them a bad name from unhappy customers, (even though it isn't their fault) it has to be costing them a fortune in replacements and or getting the shipper to cover it.
The welds to me look like a repair and resell. I doubt it would have any affect on your cooks, but I understand after spending the money it may be unacceptable to you. I would return this one also. Who's to say how much internal damage to electronics has occured. Sorry you're having a hassle and I know it happens. I think if we could see data on this the Happy customer greatly outweighs the unhappy. But people come to forums like this for answers, and this alot of times, are from complaints. (That's not directed at you)
I've seen several bitch and moan posts where the subject was totally on the users end not RecTecs. (Also not directed to you)... And IMO they should also be talking the time to switch to American made products and suppliers work out some deals so these availability and shipping issues don't reoccur.
I know others have different opinions, and businesses are all about the money. But, in the long run, what is the cost of all these issues?
Hope they get you taken care of immiedately. This probably one of those times to use the Owners numbers directly*
My2¢

When I got my RT700 delivered yesterday, The UPS Freight delivery guy was concerned because of a huge gash across the front of the box. He hung out until I opened it up and verified everything was okay. Dude was very patient and professional. He mentioned he's delivered a lot of Rec Tec grills lately. I should've have asked, but took it as he was an owner himself.

MWsmoker38, sorry for all your troubles and I know it sucks, but I'm positive RT will make it right.

When I got my RT700 delivered yesterday, The UPS Freight delivery guy was concerned because of a huge gash across the front of the box. He hung out until I opened it up and verified everything was okay. Dude was very patient and professional. He mentioned he's delivered a lot of Rec Tec grills lately. I should've have asked, but took it as he was an owner himself.

MWsmoker38, sorry for all your troubles and I know it sucks, but I'm positive RT will make it right.
That's the way a delivery should happen, I'm glad it wasn't damaged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back