Dear Diary

Luscombe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Today was a very good day!
While I was at work, Billy-Bob BBQ arrived. He joins his cousins, Luigi and Mario.

This is a happy day!
Assembled in 30 minutes after we got it through the house and onto the deck.
Doing the burn in now.

Going to start with something simple for dinner Friday night, maybe pork loin or burgers then a slow cook with pork shoulders Friday evening for dinner on Saturday.

Let the games begin.

Attachments

• 20190925_190201.jpg
    20190925_190201.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 132
  • 20190925_170036.jpg
    20190925_170036.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 81
It looks so purdy…………………………………………………….now, get it dirty!

I finished after dark with the assembly so did not have much chance to move around the deck. Had to cut the lawn before I could unbox the grille. I'll do some arranging tonight and share photos. One thing for sure, the RT700 would have been too big for my deck and I really did not need the extra grilling acreage on the 700. Shucks, the Trailblazer was probably large enough for us but am glad we got the Stampede. I will get some more photos up tonight.

When I built the grill station for the Egg's I never thought I would be adding another grill to the family. I made the station 6' long, large but modular. So I can eliminate either or both of the Eggs. I will probably eliminate the small and use that on its nest as a portable grill and put the large where the small is located. Then the Stampede would go on the right-hand side of the station.

Regarding customer service and shipping:
UPS dropped it off and even put it at the top of my steep driveway, very unexpected. The boxes were a little beat up.

I was missing a grill mat and one of the exhaust attachments was a very poor fit. Called customer service this morning and the replacements are on the way. WOW, great service.

Tomorrow evening I will do a coffee-rubbed pork loin as the first official cook. Shoulders will go on tomorrow night and then we'll have street tacos on Saturday.

Attachments

• 20190901_122527.jpg
    20190901_122527.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 77
  • 20190925_190042.jpg
    20190925_190042.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 84
Definitely.

Why, if you had that other 6 inches of grill space, 3 inches more on either side, you could have gotten another burger on.

I ate 1/2 of the burger last night, was pretty tired and beyond hungry. Had the other 1/2 tonight and I could really taste the smoke flavour. It was light but flavorful. I did not taste that last night.

So, I cut the leftover burger to show you the smoke ring, nice!

Tomorrow we will do the pork loins, one with coffee rub, one with BFE rub and one with salt & pepper.

Attachments

• RT Burger.jpg
    RT Burger.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 64

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back