Stampede Dinner Tonight Reverse Seared NY Strip & Grilled Pineapple

Luscombe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
225 until 120 internal
Cranked Stampede up to max and only got to 425 but seared anyway. It's cold (60 degrees) and raining here tonight
Grilled pineapple wedges for desert, brown sugar and cinnamon, grilled at 400 for about 20 minutes. Heaed the liquid in a cast iron laddle and poured on top of the pineapple, fantastic.

Man this was good. I need to pull the meat at a lower temp. Finish was medium and not medium rare but still very good.

20191002_193948.jpg
20191002_194629.jpg
20191002_204241.jpg

Nicely done Luscombe.

What pellets are you using? Some burn hotter than others.

Thanks slomo.
using the rectec premium blend that came with the grill.
it was raining and cold so maybe that was part of it.
i'll continue to tweak it.
The local market had a sale going so I bought a butt yesterday and will smoke it tomorrow night. Also picked up a slab of ribs and will try the blasphemy ribs on Sunday

Yeah, the pineapple was grilled on the searing grid. I did not have the heat up high enough though.

The recipe said 400 for like 30 minutes which was what I did. The flavor of the pineapple pops when you have the charred grill marks as the sugars carmelize there. These wedges were coated with a mixture of brown sugar (1/2 cp) and cinnamon (2 tsp). Put them all in a plastic bag and shook it then placed on the grill.

Took the leftover pineapple to work. Heated the juice in MW and then cut the spears into smaller pieces, drizzled the juice and served the folks at the office. Compliments were over the top. We have a Samba's Brazilian restaurant in town and the guys said these were better than the grilled pineapple from Samba's.

Next time I will do them for 20 minutes at 400, then crank the heat up to high and sear deeper grill marks.

This is a very simple cook and if you want to impress your boss, cook it and serve ti to her for dessert.

Looks good. I'd recommend flipping the sear plates over and use the flat side. More surface area = better sear = more flavor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back