Stampede Drilling sidewall for Second Shelf

Paco

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Looking into purchasing the 590 but wanted to know if one could drill a few holes in the sidewall of the grill and add a rail system to incorporate a second shelf. Any feedback is appreciated.

Sure it would be possible. Just as easy to make one with legs and remove completely when not needed.
Old grate ( cut to size ), 4 bolts ( depending height wanted ), 12 lg washers, 12 nuts, or welder.

Anything is possible but any modification voids the warranty so you would have to ask yourself, is a 2nd shelf worth that?

From the 590 warranty. First paragraph

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200527-200321_Docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20200527-200321_Docs.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 142
From the 590 warranty. First paragraph
Rec Tec warrantees grills that dogs ate the wiring, grills that tornado's destroyed them and sometimes things that are years out of the normal warranty period, drilling a couple of holes in a item that more than likely will never fail isn't going to be a problem.

Last edited:
It's been brought up before, but let's go at it again. Federal law, despite what that above quoted paragraph implies (which is intentional, not deceptive, but "threatening") forbids a manufacturer/marketer from voiding an entire warrantee if some small portion/item of the equipment is changed/modified. For example, putting a set of zootie wheels on your daily driver ain't gonna kill the warrantee even though you've "modified" the car. Same for this grill. Now, they could, if they choose, not honor the PART of the warrantee that deals with the body metal integrity or potential rust issues (as an example) that could in any way be construed to be related to the holes or brackets installed by you, but those changes wouldn't impact replacement of, let's say, the controller as a causal linkage would be not provable.

I have seen people mount the camp chef seat box on the side. I would recommend that as it gives a shelf and also a nice high temp propane burner. Something to think about as a side option.

Magnets don't do well on stainless steel
You’ll find that the stainless used in the grills is magnetic. I have a 6” level stuck to the hopper lid on my 700 that I use to level the grill on my uneven driveway. Will stay stuck even when I lift the lid to fill it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back