Fajitas anyone?

Justin

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Chicken and steak fajitas on the matador tonight!
20191215_180835.jpg

Well, I'm borrowing this one from a co worker to see if I like it, so I haven't cooked on it a lot. He used it twice and said he would rather use his 28" Blackstone griddle (he only used it to sear steaks). The times I've used it, it worked well. Mainly stir fry and breakfasts. I have not had a need to turn heat up to the high setting. Soon to do the bacon cheeseburger chowder and chicken pot pie. Rumor is an upgraded matador is coming in January, hopefully with bigger diameter burner or double ring burner to eliminate the super hot spot, and a lid to retain some heat.

Received my new Matador. Has
Dual burners and lid. Although I didn't have the original I can see where this new one is a big improvement.

I've been thinking about adding one of these to my list of gear. Sounds like it might be worthy. One thing I was wondering about though is the stability of the unit. Is it pretty solid when using or does it get a case of the wiggles? A friend of mine has a similar setup, made by Firedisc, and it is only slightly more stable than my ex wife when she is off her meds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back