Fast cook brisket

Tombo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Chef Greg from RT smoked a fast brisket yesterday at 350 for less than six hours. The is video on FB. It turned out looking great.
Question, do you know at what temp he foiled it? And why he picks foil or butcher paper?
thanks

I have been cooking briskets that way for a couple of years now based on Myron Mixon's method in one of his books. His method prescribes time vs. temp to put the brisket in a covered roasting pan and at 2 hours it goes in the pan. I have modified it a bit to get a little more smoke on it first so I go 185-200 degrees for 2 hours, then crank the temp up to 300 for another 2 hours. After that I put it in the foil pan and cook to 195-200 and put it in a cooler for 3-4 hours to rest.

I am not on FB but you can get both videos on rectec lifestyle page.
it was two parts
LUNCH BREAK | Brisket Prep 101
AFTER HOURS | Smoked Queso ?? w/ BRISKET

I did one at 400F about a year ago in the Bull. Similar to Jasoncap, ran it low for a while to get some smoke then ramped up. It was following one of Harry Soo's recipes....sorta. I can't recall if I wrapped or not. Probably had to wrap. I like to wrap based on color and smoke time rather than a temperature or when it hits the stall. So, I tend to wrap earlier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back