Bull Finally moved towel ring.

SweaT-rex

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
After reviewing Keleent's video, I finally got around to relocating the towel ring to the front edge of the front shelf. I simply found the mid point of the shelf & used a Sharpie pen to mark a point 3/8" on either side of the mid point, since the center to center measurement of the ring bracket holes is 3/4". As previously noted, the 3 mm 90 degree hex wrench is the easiest way to remove the ring from its original location & re-install it in the new location due to the tight space constraints.
I could not find an automatic center punch locally, so I used a Irwin 3/8" center punch & small hammer to set the divit needed prior to drilling. Dewalt titanium drill bits were used, with honing oil, starting with 5/32". I ultimately had to use a 1/4" bit to get the holes large enough to get the screws through the holes. Also, as Keleent noted, elbow grease & patience are required. Regardless of shelf position, the ring hangs vertically & continues to have its usual range of motion. Only the top 2 holes of the ring bracket are used as the shelf edge is not wide enough to use the single bottom hole.
The ring looks "like it growed there" & is now accessible again. Recteq should pre drill the holes in the front of the front folding shelf IMHO.
IMG_0729.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back