First over night cook

garmp

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. RT-300
I'm going to be doing my first over night cook on my Mini-300 and am a bit leery. Do I have to worry about running out of pellets and burning up the unit of any thing? It will prpbably be an 10 hour cook. Any thing to worry about? Or just fill up the hopper and let'er go.
thanks

I don't know what a Mini-300 is, but my RT-700 will just quit when the pellets run out. 10 hrs is a lot of sleep. LOL.

I think that hopper holds 15lbs of pellets. So, at <350 degrees or so, consumption is around 1lb/hr. Fill it up and hit the sack.

I don't know what a Mini-300 is, but my RT-700 will just quit when the pellets run out. 10 hrs is a lot of sleep. LOL.
The technology is really great should run, no problem. Do your alarms work? Many do not (mine doesn't). That would eb aged overnight thing. I've run many over night cooks, never a problem Have fun.

Ok, this is sad to say on two accounts, for me.

First, I have had my pit for 4 years now, and have well over 150 cooks with it. Not one of those cooks has been an overnight cook. All have been me waking up VERY early in the morning to get a long cook started for meals later that day....usually much later than the family wants...hahaha. I gotta try an overnighter for my next butt or brisket.

Second, as mentioned, I have had my pit for 4 years, so it came way before the WIFI led controller came out. However, very shortly afterwards I took advantage of a good intro price for previous owners to purchase the new controller and then exchange it for the existing controller on the 680. That great tool and purchase is still sitting in a box on one of my BBQ cooking shelves. Ugh! Maybe this spring I will finally install that bad boy, and install the better antenna systems many of you here have installed.

G, with that said, I have not heard many, if any issues with overnight cooks by others our site here or other sites I have looked at. I am sure it will go grate. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks all. I'll keep ya posted.

Apparently I got all paranoid over nothing. Had plenty of pellets. Put it on about 9 Sat night and took it off 7 Sun morn. 8 pound brisket. And just finished slicing and freezing packets. Turned out very good. Only thing is it didn't have the thick smoke ring we usually get. But still mighty tasty.

Attachments

• 20200405_064605_001.jpg
    20200405_064605_001.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20200405_142528_001.jpg
    20200405_142528_001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
Apparently I got all paranoid over nothing. Had plenty of pellets. Put it on about 9 Sat night and took it off 7 Sun morn. 8 pound brisket. And just finished slicing and freezing packets. Turned out very good. Only thing is it didn't have the thick smoke ring we usually get. But still mighty tasty.
That’s a good lookin brisket. What time is dinner being served?

Smoke rings are nice but overrated anyway. Looks really good!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back