From first burn in, to a chicken, then First Brisket!

casagreene

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So first, had a offset smoker for last 5 years. I would have been up every three hours in the dark half asleep putting on wood or charcoal.
Only after first burn in then cooking a chicken.. I just went for it and did a 16 pound Brisket. Dry rub and in fridge for 6 hours, then threw on the 590, extreme smoke for 3 hours, then 225 and went to bed. I woke up at 7:30 freaking out alarms didn't wake me... wasn't any!! Graph showed it held 225 the whole night, and showed how meat was in a stall. So wrapped and put back on till 203. In towels and into cooler for 3 hours until family arrived for Linner! Still lots to learn but was amazing and "almost" perfectly cooked! (think I trimmed to much fat).
Used many of Ya'alls post for first cook.. Thank You!
Yes offsets are the old school standard but...I aint got time for that!! The RecTec made a 15 hour smoke fell like nothing!

New 590 owner....and happy!

_SG
DD00E1D7-D1E9-4F27-A20F-6D62A6CCCC74.JPG

How did the flat turn out? I smoked my first brisket on my Bull and the point was great but the flat was a little dry. It was a 15lb choice cut, that may have had something to do with it. Total time start to finished including rest was about 16 hours.

We just finished the last of it yesterday making brisket grilled cheese.

How did the flat turn out? I smoked my first brisket on my Bull and the point was great but the flat was a little dry. It was a 15lb choice cut, that may have had something to do with it. Total time start to finished including rest was about 16 hours.

We just finished the last of it yesterday making brisket grilled cheese.
Was super tender, and was nice and moist but flat got dry after sitting for awhile and after cutting. Saved all the juice in foil and after slicing added back into container and seemed to help. But ya was a Fry's buy and not real fatty, plus like I said I think I trimmed to much off. Still amazing first try. Gotta do your Grilled cheese with my leftovers now!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back