Got to try this for leftover brisket...

This assumes one has leftover brisket. As I usually cook brisket for groups, I usually see people picking up crumbs and damn near licking the cutting board. It does look like something worth trying for sure.

Last edited:
This assumes one has leftover brisket. As I usually cook brisket for groups, I usually see people picking up crumbs and damn near licking the cutting board. It does look like something worth trying for sure.
As my family has become more scattered, in more ways than one, I once felt the same way. Now looking for ways to justify even buying a brisket. The last one I prepped was ground into 17# of ground beef! Probably going to separate the point and the flat on the next one, smoking the flat and grinding the point for other options!

I understand the “scattered” family situation, but I still smoke full packers and freeze meal-sized portions for later use. It is great to be able to pull a packet of brisket out at a moment’s notice, defrost it in the microwave and make up a brisket sandwich; one of my favorite items. Plus, I just like the challenge of smoking brisket.

As my family has become more scattered, in more ways than one, I once felt the same way. Now looking for ways to justify even buying a brisket. The last one I prepped was ground into 17# of ground beef! Probably going to separate the point and the flat on the next one, smoking the flat and grinding the point for other options!
Me too. It's just my wife and I. Having to get creative on using the leftovers. Chili this weekend...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back