Great way to make a spiral cut ham !

Baumer

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
My wife visits our local Costco store every once in a while and comes home with a surprise for me.. This week she said, how’s about making a nice spiral cut ham..? Well , I immediately thought of how I could smoke this ham on the Bull ...? I know it’s pre cooked but the directions say warm to internal temp of 140... sooo that’s easy. I didn’t use the glaze... Trying to Cut back on the sugars... So I placed the ham on a raised rack face down over my cookie sheet and set up a matching tray of apple smoke bacon to keep it company ? I started the cook at low heavy smoke for a few hours. Then increase the temp to 300’ to finish it up... They came out better tasting than any ham I’ve ever made.. ? I Highly recommended this for the holidays.. Best Smoken to ya all , El

5CE96727-D9AC-432D-BA83-40A306EC8A0C.jpeg
87192EC5-CBDE-48FE-89DC-DCDF2A5F447E.jpeg

I started the cook at low heavy smoke for a few hours. Then increase the temp to 300’ to finish it up
Great idea @Baumer. I certainly don't use the extreme smoke nearly as much as I probably should. I was going to head over to Costco this weekend anyways, so now I have something else to pick up. :D

Great idea @Baumer. I certainly don't use the extreme smoke nearly as much as I probably should. I was going to head over to Costco this weekend anyways, so now I have something else to pick up. :D

My wife visits our local Costco store every once in a while and comes home with a surprise for me.. This week she said, how’s about making a nice spiral cut ham..? Well , I immediately thought of how I could smoke this ham on the Bull ...? I know it’s pre cooked but the directions say warm to internal temp of 140... sooo that’s easy. I didn’t use the glaze... Trying to Cut back on the sugars... So I placed the ham on a raised rack face down over my cookie sheet and set up a matching tray of apple smoke bacon to keep it company ? I started the cook at low heavy smoke for a few hours. Then increase the temp to 300’ to finish it up... They came out better tasting than any ham I’ve ever made.. ? I Highly recommended this for the holidays.. Best Smoken to ya all , El

View attachment 1455View attachment 1456
Your ham will ALWAYS be better if it is NOT spiral cut... Do the same thing with a non cut ham .not dry last longer , etc HAM is one of the only meats I do not buy at COSTCO, because of the spiral cut...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back