Happy Camper

padlin00

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Got my 340 a little over a week ago, since they updated the app I figured I'd do some testing and set the probes and smoker temp. Tested at 225 and 300 using the 2 RT probes and one of my Thermopro, did the left side, center, and right side.

All 3 probes were within a few degrees of each other, no adjustment needed.

I waited 30 minutes from turning on the grill @ 225 to let it stabilize. I had a clean pellet pot with a small handful of pellets in it. Went up to about 285 before slowly coming down to 225. Very little variation from set point as long as I didn't open the lid.

At 225 the 3 meat probes read 225 on the left side, 230 in the center, and 235 on the right.
At 300 the 3 meat probes read 280 on the left side, 290 in the center, and 300 on the right.

Clear as mud. Think I need to try this again, it makes no sense.

This thing smokes like hell with Bear Mtn Cherry, at least at 225, much more then my Weber Smokey Mountain. I've got to look into moving it away from the deck.

I'm really liking this grill, sure is nice not having to mess around with charcoal.

The alarms work as I guess they should. I could live without the one that tells you the grill is off by 10 degrees, too many messages that I don't need. Just the food temp alarms would be nice.

Note for RT, a low pellet alarm would be nice.

Got my 340 a little over a week ago, since they updated the app I figured I'd do some testing and set the probes and smoker temp. Tested at 225 and 300 using the 2 RT probes and one of my Thermopro, did the left side, center, and right side.

All 3 probes were within a few degrees of each other, no adjustment needed.

I waited 30 minutes from turning on the grill @ 225 to let it stabilize. I had a clean pellet pot with a small handful of pellets in it. Went up to about 285 before slowly coming down to 225. Very little variation from set point as long as I didn't open the lid.

At 225 the 3 meat probes read 225 on the left side, 230 in the center, and 235 on the right.
At 300 the 3 meat probes read 280 on the left side, 290 in the center, and 300 on the right.

Clear as mud. Think I need to try this again, it makes no sense.

This thing smokes like hell with Bear Mtn Cherry, at least at 225, much more then my Weber Smokey Mountain. I've got to look into moving it away from the deck.

I'm really liking this grill, sure is nice not having to mess around with charcoal.

The alarms work as I guess they should. I could live without the one that tells you the grill is off by 10 degrees, too many messages that I don't need. Just the food temp alarms would be nice.

Note for RT, a low pellet alarm would be nice.
Glad we have the alarms working after such long wait. Didn't see any way to turn certain parts off. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back