Hard lesson learned.

Sully1546

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So last night I was cooking kabobs and roasted potatoes on the 590. Turned out great minus the fact that I made a big mistake and forgot to check the hopper to ensure I had pellets. Nothing like looking down and seeing the temp had dropped from 400 to 150. Then taking everything out of the inside to get the unit to fire back up. Major lesson learned.

So last night I was cooking kabobs and roasted potatoes on the 590. Turned out great minus the fact that I made a big mistake and forgot to check the hopper to ensure I had pellets. Nothing like looking down and seeing the temp had dropped from 400 to 150. Then taking everything out of the inside to get the unit to fire back up. Major lesson learned.
Don't tell anyone!

That's the only thing missing from my previous GMG DB WiFi as it had a pellet level sensor. I hated that thing when it would scream at 3:00am but I kind of wish my RT-590 had something similar now that I have a smoker w/o one. I realize the hopper is larger so, theoretically, you shouldn't need one but... I think it would still be nice. So long as there was an option to have it alert on the phone and NOT have an audible horn screaming at the smoker itself. That was obnoxiously loud and embarrassing since I live in a neighborhood.

I See Nothing.jpg

No need to take everything out.
1. Fill hopper
2. Put into test mode and select "Auger"
3. Let it run on Auger for about 1 minute and make sure you hear pellets falling for 15-30 secondsbefore quitting.
4. Exit test mode and restart your pit.
5. You can take the food out while waiting for temp to get back up, then put food in. Your back on track.

1. Fill hopper
3. Let it run on Auger for about 1 minute and make sure you hear pellets falling before quitting.
5. You can take the food out while waiting for temp to get back up, then put food in. Your back on track.
Yes this will work

1. Fill hopper
3. Let it run on Auger for about 1 minute and make sure you hear pellets falling for 15-30 secondsbefore quitting.
Thank you. I will keep this in mind. Hope not to have to use it. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back