Trailblazer Horns Wiggle a bit on new grill - Is this normal?

GTSJK

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Just received my new 340 and went to put the lid on and noticed the horns (handles) for the lid wiggle a little bit - not bad, but didn't know if they were designed this way on purpose for some reason? Anyone else have this?
I believe I can tighten by opening the inside cover plate and tightening - but don't want to if it was a design need

Do they wiggle on their own or are they just not seated tight enough? They shouldn't wiggle, at all. Now, the tail on the bull is an entirely different thing. Welcome to the forum, many good people with a lot of good ideas to share. Have fun with your 340. ??

Do they wiggle on their own or are they just not seated tight enough? They shouldn't wiggle, at all. Now, the tail on the bull is an entirely different thing. Welcome to the forum, many good people with a lot of good ideas to share. Have fun with your 340. ??
They are just not seated tight enough. When I grab them they move a few degrees but not loose the move. I figured they were not supposed to be "not tight enough" and can go in and tighten them down. Just didn't want to defeat some sort of engineering design that allows for expansion, etc. It appears that there is some gasket material between the horn and SS lid

They are just not seated tight enough. When I grab them they move a few degrees but not loose the move. I figured they were not supposed to be "not tight enough" and can go in and tighten them down. Just didn't want to defeat some sort of engineering design that allows for expansion, etc. It appears that there is some gasket material between the horn and SS lid
No design, just need to tighten fully. They should be solid. ??

Thanks so much Gotbbq! Really appreciate the quick reply. Wanted to get this put together and seasoned so I can do my first smoke soon. :)

Thanks so much Gotbbq! Really appreciate the quick reply. Wanted to get this put together and seasoned so I can do my first smoke soon. :)
My pleasure. You will love the Rec Tec. So many different ways and things to cook. ??

Mine wiggle a bit too, I figured it was the function of a gasket, but maybe not.

All the grill fasteners should be checked regularly and tightened as necessary with the use of the grill, heat and expansion will cause these fasteners to loosen up.

All the grill fasteners should be checked regularly and tightened as necessary with the use of the grill, heat and expansion will cause these fasteners to loosen up.
“Quit yer wigglin’ and git to smokin’
52E52ACC-39B9-42BB-AA23-3BCA872359F2.jpeg

Call me stupid, LOL. Mine too has a little wiggle. Where do you tighten the horns on a RT-340? They came per-installed on mine and I'm not seeing where I can tighten them. :)

I believe you have to remove the heat shield from the inside of the lid to get to the nuts. My right horn is very loose after a short bit but haven’t had a moment where the grill is cool enough to adjust ?

I believe you have to remove the heat shield from the inside of the lid to get to the nuts. My right horn is very loose after a short bit but haven’t had a moment where the grill is cool enough to adjust ?
Yeesh, loose horn, nuts. Doesn’t sound good. ??

Just received my new 340 and went to put the lid on and noticed the horns (handles) for the lid wiggle a little bit - not bad, but didn't know if they were designed this way on purpose for some reason? Anyone else have this?
I believe I can tighten by opening the inside cover plate and tightening - but don't want to if it was a design need
Hate it when my horn is loose! ???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back