Bull How is the stainless body holding up?

Rocci

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hey Guys,
I am strongly considering the Bull in the very near future. I was just wondering how well the stainless holds up against rust?

@Rocci I've had zero issues with my RecTec Bull rusting.

Then again I also keep my Rec Tec Bull under a covered deck and when not in use is further protected by the Rec Tec grill cover.

I guess in short, take care of your Bull and your Bull will take care of you. ;)

@Rocci I've had zero issues with my RecTec Bull rusting.

Then again I also keep my Rec Tec Bull under a covered deck and when not in use is further protected by the Rec Tec grill cover.

I guess in short, take care of your Bull and your Bull will take care of you. ;)
Nice! Glad to hear. My parents have the 680 and have been fairly impressed by it. Decent size for a backyard bbq. Thanks for the reply.

stainless steal doesn't rust.

Popular belief but not exactly accurate. It depends on the grade rating which in this case relates to the amount of chromium in the alloy mix. A "higher" grade of stainless, such as 304 is very corrosion resistant. A lower grade, such as 430, can and will corrode more readily. I use those two grades specifically because those are the ones RT uses. The grates and I believe bull horn handles are 304 so will maintain appearance well. The bodies of the "barrel" however are 430 and will discolor depending on operating circumstances and duration of neglect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back