How to cook a Papa Murphy's Pizza on a pellet grill

Eddy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
The family and I picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza last Friday and cooked it on the rec tec pellet grill. Of course I forgot to take a picture but it turned out great.

Here are the instructions on how to cook the pizza on a pellet grill.

1. Preheat grill to 425°–450°F. Start on SMOKE, allowing pellets to ignite. Switch to HIGH and heat for at least 15 minutes.

2. Remove plastic wrap. Put pizza and tray on heat-shielding surface. Place in the center of the grill surface and close lid.

3. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes. Be sure to check pizza frequently by lifting crust with a spatula. Turn pizza 1/4 turn every 5 minutes. Baking times may vary.

4. Using oven mitts, remove pizza and tray from grill. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove pizza and tray from heat-shielding surface. Cut and serve.

5. Enjoy pizza! :D

Good to know. We typically stop eating Papa Murphys during the summer months to avoid heating up the house and my old gasser wasn’t large enough to handle a family sized pizza.

Our new Stampede just turned 8 days old. We have cooked on it every day since we got it. Just did a cowboy pizza and s'mores dessert from Papa Murphy's last night. I left them on the supplied trays and they turned out perfect. The hints of smoke and crisp crust really sets it apart from oven baking.

Our new Stampede just turned 8 days old. We have cooked on it every day since we got it. Just did a cowboy pizza and s'mores dessert from Papa Murphy's last night. I left them on the supplied trays and they turned out perfect. The hints of smoke and crisp crust really sets it apart from oven baking.
Sounds awesome @Justin . Welcome to the family and congratulations on the new grill.

Thanks for the tip. Just received my 590 as well and already have to remind myself to change my mindset about "grilling" (I come from a gas grill). The Rec Tec really is more than a grill, more like a grill/convection oven and smoker all in one.

Thx for the info we will try it on our next PM pizza!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back